Chapter eleven

For three hours I stayed awake. I was waiting for Iris to fall asleep. I could feel her and the connection she and I shared wasn't letting her sleep. After settling in her room and trying, she finally fell asleep and so did I.

I woke up well. I knew I had slept most of the night. At least, compared to my nights full of nightmares. The night passed rather quickly for me. I had no nightmares, or at least, if I had any, I couldn't remember them. It was nine in the morning. I woke up late compared to my other nights, and I liked that.

I felt Iris still asleep. I wanted to be with her and watch her sleep. I knew she would look just as beautiful even with uncombed hair and no makeup.

I got out of my room and walked to hers. I opened the door slowly to not startle her sleep, got in and closed it behind me, just as slow. She was sleeping with her face on the pillow and her chest facing down. She was snoring. It was cute and quiet, but it was there. I got closer to the bed and kneeled down facing her. She was beautiful no matter what. Her hair, her skin, even her nose looked beautiful. I felt thankful to be her mate. She suddenly took a deep breath, but still kept her eyes closed. I decided to rest my back against the bed close to where she was. It was the closest I could be without touching her and waking her up.

Then, I felt the bed move, but I couldn't see her.

"So you're here?" She whispered.

"Mhm." I hummed loud enough to be heard.

"Oh, you're awake." She said.

Her voice sounded raspy from sleeping, something I had heard before when we had tests and I called her early in the morning to ask if she was ready. It felt like forever since I heard her talk like that.

I chuckled and turned to face her. Her right arm was holding her body up while she smiled at me.

She bit her lower lip before asking seductively. "At what should I show my gratitude for having my alpha see me like this?"

The way she said "my alpha" just made my heart melt. My wolf howled and I felt my claws extracting. He wanted to take her. He had waited long to do so, and he wanted to take control to do so.

"Your eyes are going black again." She said slightly turning her head to the side.

"I think it might be you." I told her.

"Oh! So I'm to blame?" She said, faking offensiveness.

"Perhaps. Maybe you have that effect on me." I told her with a grin on my face.

She raised her eyebrow and looked at me expectantly. It looked like she was waiting for me to do something, but I got confused from her look. She then yawned and stretched, but maybe a bit more than needed. The covers fell down revealing her pajamas and her stretching revealed a bit of her smooth belly.

She then settled her breasts through the shirt casually.

"Uh- what are you doing?" I asked her.

"I'm just doing something you would love to be doing." She said in a flirty tone while smirking at me.

I wrapped my right arm around her neck and pulled her into a deep kiss. Then we heard a knock on the door.

I pulled out and groaned. I walked to the door and when I opened it, Jim was there with an awkward look on his face.

"Yeah?" I said.

"The alpha told me to tell you that he's still sleeping." He said quickly and then left.

I closed the door slowly and widened my eyes. I bet I blushed from embarrassment too. I looked at Iris, she was looking away from me and covering her mouth while snickering.