Chapter four

My wolf was howling. He was excited and happy to finally see her, our mate. Even though we've been friends since middle school and I've had a crush on her since middle school, my wolf wasn't present. Now that he is though, I couldn't contain the joy. Iris and I were smiling like idiots, for no reason whatsoever.

"Um... Have you, uh, seen Prof. Jefferson?..." She said. She was struggling with her words, and so was I. I couldn't say anything.

"Why is it that... you.. feel different? I mea-" I interrupted her and grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers to go someplace a bit more private. There weren't that many students in school, specially on that particular Friday, but I just needed to be alone with her. I felt little shocks of electricity where our skin touched, but they were pleasurable.

I took her to the library. She wasn't saying anything and that caught my attention. When I turned to look at her she grabbed my neck with her arms and pulled our faces together.

There were but inches between us. I grabbed her waist with my hands and pulled our bodies closer. Even when our skins weren't touching one another I still felt that tingly sensation. I couldn't wait any longer and made the first move.

It was a nice, gentle peck at first, but then I started brushing my lips against hers and she responded more than amazingly. Our lips felt made for each other. This gentle kissing was something unlike anything I had ever experienced before. She started grabbing my hair with her fingers and I pulled her as close as I could, yet our kiss kept being gentle.

She was the one who pulled back. We were both without air. I didn't want to stop though. I could feel my wolf more than ever, even if I had just gotten him recently. I was now feeling the many things that came with your werewolf package, specially the need for my mate.

She stared directly at my eyes, and I stared directly at hers. She seemed curious about me.

"A-Aiden. I- uh..." She seemed unable to speak correctly.

I got closer to her, my face just next to her ear.

"Yes?" I asked, waiting for her to tell me something.

"That was nice." She whispered with a small smile in her lips.

"I need to tell you something. I forgot to before." She said while looking at me worriedly. "The day of the party I wanted to ask you if you had invited someone to the prom."

"No. I haven't invited anyone yet. Do you have someone in mind I could invite?" I told her with a teasing grin on my lips, not letting my eyes off hers.

"Me." She said. Immediately afterwards she gasped and covered her mouth with her hands. Her cheeks started blushing and she looked really cute, and I just wanted to kiss them forever.

"I mean, if you would like it, I would be all for it." She said.

I hold her chin up to kiss her again, which she didn't mind one bit. This kiss felt so pure, so honest. I could feel my heartbeat's rhythm and I could feel hers, we were synchronized. I moved my head back to see her face; she had her eyes closed.

"Well, I would love to take you to the prom Iris. Would you like to go to the prom with me?" I whispered to her ear.

"Yes." She whispered back.

I hugged her and then kissed her cheek, she felt warm in my arms and I liked it.

Then we heard someone clear their throat. It was the librarian.

"I know it's very romantic to kiss within book shelfs, but please stop." She said sarcastically.

I felt a bit guilty and awkward, and Iris also gave that vibe of awkwardness. We proceeded to leave the library holding hands with our fingers intertwined. I felt small, pleasurable electricity flows from our touch; I felt bad I hadn't made this move before, but now I knew for sure we were meant to be together.