Chapter ten

When I was about to follow Autumn and ask her what was going on with her, Iris called. I decided to answer her since I could afford talking to Autumn later.

"Hey." I said in between deep breaths.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about it." I told her.

"I just finished eating with your mom and Rachel. Just like you told me." She told me. After some moments of silence she asked again. "Are you okay?"

"I- I don't think so." I told her, realizing I couldn't follow Autumn as quickly as I wanted.

"What happened?" She asked me.

"I've been having nightmares these past nights." I confessed.

"What are they about?" She asked me in a careful tone.

"Usually everything is dark, like I'm lost, and then a wolf appears and attacks me, usually killing me. Then, I wake up."

"Has something like that happened to you? Have you been attacked?" She asked.

"No. Not really. I don't know why I'm getting these dreams, but I'm starting to get scared. I just had one and mom was screaming for me and I couldn't help her." I felt my eyes start to water. "I couldn't do anything Iris! She's dead!" I couldn't hold it in anymore. I started sobbing quietly at the edge of my bed while holding one of the pillows. Then I realized I had my claws out and I was ripping the pillow apart. I decided to throw it away and then sat in a corner.

She started cooing softly, whispering things to the phone. "It's not your fault." She told me and I could hear her crying as well.

"I should've been there for her. I could've done something to help her. She needed me. I wasn't there for her." I told her, a little more composed than before, sniffing my nose and clearing my eyes.

"Don't say that. It's not your fault. Stop judging yourself, Aiden."

"I just- maybe I could've done something to protect her." I said, more to myself than to her.

"Aiden, hear me out. You're not guilty of anything. It's not your fault she got killed. Did you find who killed her?" She told me and I heard a car door shut.

"Yeah. The pack got rid of the rogues that killed her." I told her and I could feel anger rising again.

"Then, at least, you can be at peace that they won't do anything like that to someone else. That way no one will suffer the way you are now." She told me.

"It's not like that Iris. I wish it was." I said, my voice and emotion growing angrier by remembering the day she died.

"Then how?" She asked confused and I heard her car start.

"Wait a minute, are you in your car?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I'm going there now." She told me.

"How are you going to get here if I haven't told you how?" I asked her.

"I talked to Rudolph. He used your phone to check my number and called me using the mansions phone." She explained.

"When?" I asked.

"He told me you were sleeping." She said.

"I was asleep in my room while it was closed. That's creepy."

"I don't know, but I'm not complaining. I'm headed there babe." She told me.

"How is it then?" She asked me