Chapter 7: Night Parade of 100 Demons, Part 0

Artist: あんこ/@onaka333 on Twitter
————————————————————

"Neither can I, master Geto."

Geto? Is that… the one I’ve been hearing about?

“Ah, well. We should let those two have fun.” He turned to you. “Now, what do we have here?”

You coughed.

“I apologize for kicking you earlier, but you were latching onto Suda’s foot so violently. You’re out on a mission, are you?”

“Master Geto, I don’t think he can talk.”

“Oh,” he laughed, scratching his head, “right. Are you even still conscious?”

“Hurts… Mechama… ru. Mission… Need to…”

Geto sat down and put his hand on his chin. “Take your time.”

Before you could continue, his eyes widened. “Wait. This cursed energy I sense from you… It feels familiar.”

“You felt it, too?” Suda spoke in.

“No way!” Geto smiled, “it’s just like mine! Haha! How unexpected. So you absorb cursed energy; that’s not so different from how my cursed technique works.”

He walked away. “But I guess you won’t be joining us with how I hurt your friend there. Do send principal Gakuganji my regards. And a warning.”

“Huh..?”

“December 24th. They’ll let you know when the time comes. Oh! There you are, Nanako, Mimiko.”

You got a look at the two girls that tackled him into a hug, one of them holding a cup of coffee like the lady said.

Before long, Geto bid you farewell and vanished with his allies… Friends? Family? You can’t tell; you felt like garbage, though.

The one with a bun took pictures of you still buried in solid concrete, “freaky!”

You don’t know if she was wondering how you’re still alive or how Geto drove you in there.

————————————————————

“That concludes my report—YEOWCH!” You flinched, “on this Geto…”

“Suguru Geto.”

“Stay still, will you?” Nishimiya Momo, a second year, wrapped some bandages on your back. “This is difficult enough to do with your hands.”

“You’re not even touching me, Nishimiya-senpai…” You winced in pain, “these things are just floating around me.”

“So it’s true what he said?” Another senior, Kamo Noritoshi, raised his hand, “What will happen on December 24th?”

“We don’t know enough yet.” Principal Gakuganji huffed.

“Mechamaru’s gone. I saw it with my own eyes. Geto crushed him.” You held your head down, “I failed this mission. I’m sorry.”

“Um, Yoshimori—”

“If I’d been more careful, this wouldn’t have happened, Iori-sensei. I’m sorry.”

Mai started chuckling, “who’s gonna tell him?”

“Yoshimori, Mechamaru is a… robot.” Miwa pat your back.

“What difference does that make? I was reckless, and now you’ve lost a classmate—”

“Yoshimori, listen.” Iori-sensei went up close to you, “Mechamaru is a puppet. The student controlling him is safe and sound.”