Author's Notes & Extras

Hey, everyone! So that's about it for Kyoto Zero, the story's finished (for the most part).

Just a few things I wanted to make clear that I didn't include in the story:

Q: Why's Yoshimori's backstory so similar to Yuuta's?

A: That's because he's inspired by Yuuta. I wanted to put an original twist in that Yoshimori never uses his demons to his advantage like Yuuta does, but learns to live with it.

Q: How much cursed energy can Yoshimori absorb? And why is it harder to absorb sorcerers' cursed energy than curses'?

A: Yoshimori doesn't have a limit as to how much he can absorb. The higher-ups didn't know this, so at first, they classified him as Special Grade 1. It's harder for him to absorb sorcerers' cursed energy because they have better control over its flow.

Q: Was Yoshimori supposed to be with Miwa?

A: I wanted to. I really wanted to. But I just felt bad for Mechamaru. Maybe I'll work around it, maybe I'll give him a different love interest, maybe he won't have a love interest. I'm not sure.

Q: Wasn't there only one Special Grade curse in the Night Parade, and Todo was the one who exorcised it? You ain't slick, author.

A: You got me. Todo was the one who fought the Blades cursed spirit, but Yoshimori finished it off. He stole the kill.

That's it for the Q&A, but what I wanted to announce most is that... This book could get a sequel taking place in the current JJK manga, where Yoshimori is an OP second year who got his own urban legend among the first years!

This story was a lot of fun writing from start to finish, and please vote if you liked this story and/or want a sequel!

Thanks for reading!