Chapter 19 "Tragedy"

It was morning and you were just in your room in bed. Apparently the matches would resume sometime late tonight... Which is stupid to you, why not just get it done in the morning?

You stepped out of your room and were met by Pyrrha.

"Hey, Pyrrha."

No response.

Pyrrha seemed to be just staring off into space, hell she hadn't even acknowledged you standing directly in front of her.

You tapped her on the shoulder.

She seemed to jolt awake.

"Y/N! When did you get here?"

"I was talking to you, but you didn't answer..."

"Oh."

"A penny for your thoughts?"

"I-I'm sorry, but I don't want to talk about it..."

"That's fine... Just don't let it weigh down on your mind too much, 'kay?" You said giving Pyrrha a kiss on the forehead.

"Mhm..."

You went to walk away but Pyrrha grabbed your hands.

"Hm?"

You didn't get to say much more as Pyrrha pulled you down to her and pressed her lips to yours.

It was a fleeting kiss, so she pulled back making you only want more.

Pyrrha then went into her dorm room, and you left as well, but you left to go training.

***

Yang and Mercury had just finished fighting. The match was over.

Yang walked past Mercury and I guess he said something she didn't like?

Yang turned around and shot Mercury straight through the leg.

Your eyes widened in surprise at what the fuck just happened.

'W-What the fuck?'

No... That had to be fake or something.

There's no way Yang would do something like that!

I mean he could've said something she didn't like, but she wouldn't fucking shoot him!

Your mind was swirling at what in the shit just went down.

You weren't allowed to be shocked for too much longer as you got a call from Ozpin further confusing you.

"Professor Ozpin?"

"Mr. L/N, I have some news for you."

You stood up and plugged your ear you could barely hear him over the crowd. But you heard what he said...

"It's about your father..."

***

You sat in your room the next morning; you were actually sitting in your window that was open.

You stared lazily off into the morning.

You were still shaken from last nights events... Then you began to recall them.

Flashback

It's your father. His dust shop was attacked.

You were frantically running out of the colosseum as fast as you could.

Dear, Y/N, if you are reading this then it likely means that I have died... I'm sorry.

You demanded that Ozpin got you an airship back to Vale.