meeks vs. cameron, part 1~

song of the chapter: brandy by looking glass

3rd person pov~

Their break for the midday meal was not as relaxing as (y/n) had hoped. Nearly every student had picked slightly at their meals, but mostly focusing on the homework assigned that morning. Cameron and Meeks were arguing about the chemistry work, about whether or not the catalyst would be amino acid or not.

"Yes, dumbass," Meeks says to the other redhead "It's amino! Can't you see that?!" Cameron shakes his head, jabbing his finger to point at the question on the textbook paper

"No, Specks, the catalyst wouldn't be amino acids because the chemical bonding wouldn't respond! Look at the make up of the sequence again." Meeks rolls his eyes and runs his hands through the already unruly auburn curls on his head - exasperated. Neil, Charlie, and (y/n) made their way to the table, only catching a little bit of the argument. Charlie laughed and leaned towards (y/n).

"Those two argue like an old married couple, get used to it." (y/n) hides a laugh very poorly with a cough, resulting in a glare from Cameron(who as of late did not show any type of regard for her whatsoever) and Meeks looking up at her.

"Steven," she chuckles kindly, pointing to his mop of hair "you'll have to refer me to your stylist." Meeks' cheeks blushed furiously and he busied him trying to fix the object of (y/n)'s teasing. She noticed that Todd hadn't joined the group, but instead opted to sit alone a few tables behind him. Being the 'fake-it-til-you-make-it' type, (y/n) thought it was best to leave a fellow shy kid alone. Wherever Meeks went, Pitts followed, and vice versa she had noticed.

"Okay, (y/n), you're supposed to be a genius, right? Cameron whisper-shouted at the girl.

"Supposed? Please - I am a genius, darling. Now, what's the question?" The boys chuckled at her boldness, while Cameron gaped like a fish out of water, silently pointing to the question. She thought for a moment, drawing little doodles of Bohr diagrams for reference. After a few minutes, she came to a conclusion.

"Neither of you are right," Meeks and Cameron groaned in defeat "The answer is 'c', take a look if you'd like." The two boys snatched the book from her, poring themselves over it like it held all the secrets of the universe. (y/n) laughed at their reactions and began eating her lunch, while Pitts shook his head.

"You're brave (y/n)," he says jokingly "Most people who oppose those two end up getting beaten up by logic." The girl laughs loudly, earning a glare from Dr. Hager - whom had made it his mission to make the girl miserable during her time at Welton. She shushed herself and laughed more quietly.

Around the table, the group chatted while they ate or did homework. They'd all already noticed that (y/n) perfectly fit within their group dynamic, and everything felt more complete with her around.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A/n: this was a serious filler because i wanted to create some context about what goes on during the scenes that aren't included in the movie! i read lots of fanfic(obviously) and sometimes it gets boring when all you see is literally the exact scenes as the movie. so, i hope you enjoyed!

~ chloe