femme fatale~

(y/n)'s pov...

After the events of English, (y/n)'s mind was reeling. Keating had been her role model since Year 9, when she first had him teach her. However, none of her classes with him previous had been as immersive and, she realized, inspiring. 

Pensively, she left the classroom after a quick goodbye to her friends. She walked side by side with Mr. Keating, as she had plans to tell her mentor about her first day. 

"Oh and," she rambles as they walk towards the massive lake on campus. "I think I've made some friends. Maybe, I dunno. They've all been good mates for a while, except Todd I suppose. He's new, just like me." Mr. Keating smiles fondly at her, blue eyes sparkling.

"Ah, that's wonderful. I'm sure the classwork isn't too difficult, hmm?" he questioned and the girl shook her head

"Not really, just a bit much. Twenty questions for Chemistry due tomorrow! Meeks and Cameron had a row about it at lunch." The older gentlemen raises an eyebrow at the mention of the boy named Meeks, which (y/n) pointedly ignores. 

"If there's one thing I can tell you about those lads, my dear," he says as they walk closer to the lake which sparkled under the Autumn sun and reflecting the fiery colors of the leaves remaining on the trees "it is that their spirits have been stolen by this horrible. And I intend to free them." (y/n) beams at the man she looks up to most, so thankful she had him for English and not some boring old man. 

"To free the mind, is to free the spirit," (y/n) says poetically to paraphrase the gentleman "you intend to release them from monotony? Open their minds, yeah?" Mr. Keating nods and whistles a merry tune as the duo strolls lazily down the length of the lawn, leaves crunching softly under their feet. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

(y/n) had not expected Physical Education to even be included in her schedule for the semester, on the basis of her gender. However, Mr. Nolan was intent on giving her a proper education - physical education and all. The only difference between her and the other students were their attire. (y/n)'s school uniform consisted of a mid-thigh length plaid skirt, knee high black socks, and plain oxford shoes. For her top, it was the same as everyone else. During physical education however, (y/n) wore a Welton sweatshirt stolen from Neil, a pair of long black shorts, and some running shoes. Luckily for (y/n), all of the boys were too scared of punishment to make any creepy comments. 

Their activity for the day was laps around the lake, which was no easy feat. Poor Spaz only made it halfway around for the first time before collapsing into a fit of coughs and being treated by the ancient school nurse. The boys tried racing one another, because physical education was not nearly as strict as the other classes.

"Oh, darling (y/n), do try to keep up" Charlie calls over his shoulder. (y/n) wheezes(she never was an excellent runner) and passes Knox, who stutters. Pitts had the lead due to his sheer height, while Meeks was in the very back of the gang. Neil and Todd leisurely jogged perfectly in the center, chatting playfully with one another. (y/n) was shoulder-to-shoulder with Charlie, whose incessant smoking didn't help with his jogging skills. She smiled and turned to her right to salute the boy, before turning to face Pitts.

"Oh, Pittise!" she called to get his attention. The boy turned his head towards her, and to his surprise, received a kiss on the cheek from (y/n). He stopped dead in his track, eyes wide, and nearly got trampled by the stampeding boys behind him. A chorus of agitated voices rang out