girls and other unsolvable mysteries~

song of the chapter: bang bang bang by sohodolls (you CANNOT tell my Charlie Dalton does not OWN this mf song)

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Charlie Dalton, you bloody idiot!" (y/n) exclaimed, upon hearing the newspaper article that her dear friend had published within the Welton school journal. While (y/n) was attending the fateful party the previous night, the Dead Poets Society had been audience to more of Charlie's girl chasing delusions. 

This time, however, his actions put (y/n)'s attendance at Welton Academy in serious jeopardy; that did not take the girl long to figure out. During the study hall period, whilst Dr. Hager was preoccupied reprimanding another student, the boys had filled her in - all the while Charlie sat smugly, feet propped up on the desk in front of him. 

"Hey," he defended himself "can you blame me?" the blue-eyed boy sat up and braced his forearms on the table while (y/n) quirked her chin and raised an eyebrow. 

"Oh, really? I certainly think I can." she retorted, fake sweetness lacing her tone. Charlie/Nuwanda blew her a kiss before replying, while the other boys pretended not to be listening to the two argue. 

"Come on, your the only girl here and Meeks's, so it wouldn't do my honor any good to trail after you." the boy whisper-shouted, to which Meeks raises his head in surprise at 'his girl'. She smiled at him brightly, despite being just a stitch upset at Nuwanda. 

Love has a funny way of making one adore life, when it can sometimes seem so dull and melancholy, hasn't it? (y/n) pitied the girl that she used to be; one who relied on the love of others to feel love for herself. Now, she is only grateful for love, not reliant on the emotional bond. Perhaps that was why she Meeks had struck her fancy - he too saw love as something to be grateful for, not something to be sought out; to be forced. 

"Well," she sighed dejectedly, ruffling her beloved's auburn locks "I really do hope you at least used proper language in this article of yours, Nuwanda darling." He smirked, looking victorious. 

"Who in the hell would I be if I hadn't?" his rhetorical question made an identical grin split onto both of their faces, releasing some of the tension at the table. 

"Ah, that's valid, at least in your delusions you managed to retain your literacy." (y/n)'s reply was worthy of some semi-nervous laughter from the group - save for Knox, who continued to stare down at his Stoichiometry with more attention than she'd seen his display all year. 

Neil, from where he'd been arguing with his respective blonde lover over a math equation, piped up. "Alright, ha, ha," he said sarcastically "this can't happen again Charlie. They'll figure out about, well, you-know-what. And then what? If my father-" Todd grabbed the boy's shoulder, a perfectly normal public display between pals, at the sound of the anxiety lacing Neil's tone like poison. 

(y/n) looked on empathetically, as the boys rang their chorus of:

"Don't worry!" -Pitts

"How will the figure it out?" -Cameron, shooting a glance at the girl to his left 

"If they haven't found the radio, there's no chance." - A very sure of himself Steven Meeks.