the party~

song of the chapter: she knows ~ j.cole (IM SORRY)

tw warning: mild sexual assault, although nothing actually occurs because i can't bring myself to write something like that, please do read with caution if that's something you feel uncomfortable with. sending all the loving energy to those who need it<3

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Sneaking out of Welton Academy was, in itself, a challenge worthy of expulsion. Sneaking out of Welton Academy to attend a party, where underage teenagers would be drinking, was on an entire different platform.

"Oh, you owe me one." (y/n) whisper-shouts as the duo snuck their way out of dinner to avoid suspicion.

"Heh," Knox chuckled "maybe I will. At least, if Chris dumps that loser sometime tonight." The girl walking opposite him shook her head.

"Just don't creep on any more girls, stalker." she smiled briefly, unable to help imagining finding herself some girlfriends.

"It's only Chris for me, (y/n)," he explained, while looking both ways to make sure no Hagers were lurking in the darkened halls. "like it's only Meeks for you." She flushed a scarlet hue for a second, before they finally made their way out into the brisk evening air.

"All I'm looking for is some female companionship. And not," she raised an eyebrow and a finger to point at him "in the way you are." The blue-eyed boy rolled his eyes

"Aren't we enough?" The leaves crunched softly under their feet, enough to delight the senses but not enough to alert anyone of their leaving.

"You boys are wonderful, truly," she hesitated a moment "but I need more, feminine energy because God knows the secretaries aren't cutting it." Knox looked at her, very confused.

"Feminine energy?" he questioned, the bike racks now in sight, Knox's little ride waiting for them.

"Yes," she huffed, slightly annoyed he was so oblivious "you know, the receptivity and love, the empathy and calm radiance. Did no one ever talk to you about this?" (y/n) asked, already making a mental list of every book she should recommend to him.

"Huh, that's, uh, philosophy, right?" he went silent as the two of them hugged the wall to avoid a person's shadow, peering out the window. (y/n) nodded at him, and they got to his bike in silence.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The bike ride was a few miles long, and an uncomfortable one at that. The films made the two-person bike ride seem lovely and swoon worthy, but really it involved Knox complaining about (y/n) gripping his shoulders too hard. He sat upon the seat, like normal, and made her sit behind him, on his wire basket with a piece of board strapped haphazardly to it, a semi-comfortable position. With the exception of going over unpaved potholes on the street, jostling her bones. They wove through the streetlamp-lit ambience of the little town, (y/n) peering around to admire the various sweet homes and shops. Her favorite part of the ride? The fallen leaves, floating on the puddles the previous night's rain had left behind. It felt so utterly romantic, and the moment made her close her eyes to intake some deep breaths of the air - the free air. No Welton, no responsibilities, just the night's beauty and puddle reflections.

She should have suspected it would all go wrong.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───