splintered stanzas: love, lizzy bennet~

Charlie Dalton did not come out of his room for hours. Or, rather, Nuwanda did not come out of his room for hours. 

No matter how many times (y/n) knocked, pleading for just a peek at her lovingly infuriating friend's face. She would have given anything to see him smile, hear him crack another joke about stealing her from Meeks. It broke her heart, seeing him suffer for an honestly funny joke - even if that joke could cost her her education at Welton Academy. 

"I still don't get it," Cameron thought out loud, while the group walked to their student lounge for an evening of chess and debauchery. "what does that article have to do with you? I mean, they won't kick you out - will they?" If (y/n) didn't know better, she'd say Cameron sounded almost sad at the thought of her leaving. 

But, then again, she might be getting ahead of herself. 

"Honestly, Cameron, use your mystical brains to figure that one out. Or are they just fantasy?" Her characteristic smirk that came with her sarcastic remarks and drawl was not present today, but replaced by a mostly blank expression. 

"Actually, I'm confused too." Pitts admitted sheepishly, whose long stride forced (y/n) to speedwalk to keep up with him. 

"Alright, here it is," she took a deep breath before launching into a long-winded answer "Mr. Nolan might think that Charlie is not being his normal, idiotic self, but rather is trying to take advantage of my admittance to study at Welton. Now, if Nolan thinks his outburst is my fault, then I'm pretty sure he'll try to cut the disease before it spreads." Meeks gently grabbed her waist, pulling her towards him for comfort. Cameron made an 'ah' sound, nodding along - eyebrows drawn close in further thought. 

"I'm sure everything is going to be fine, sunshine." he whispered against her neck, taking notice of the goosebumps that arose in his wake. 

The door of the lounge was pushed open, Neil and Todd running to "their" sofa and collapsing side-by-side. (y/n) noticed Todd was wearing Neil's favorite sweater, and there was a twinge of jealousy in the girl's heart. 

"Oh, so Todd gets the most perfect green sweater, but I don't?" she feigned an outrage. 

"Blasphemy." Meeks said in a very zen-like manner, nodding once slowly. His girl settled her legs on his lap, and leaned against the arm of the sofa. Todd flushed a deep red, and Neil's eyes glinted mischievously at the boy's expression. 

"Oh, well if you must know," Neil leaned forward while looking around conspiratorially "he paid in late-night stolen kisses." Todd grabbed a notebook and swatted him on the shoulder. 

"Well, actually," he mumbled, playing with the sleeve's hems "I just snagged it from his closet when he went to breakfast early." The brown-eyed boy gazed on the blonde with such love and admiration - (y/n) felt little tears prickle in her eyes. 

"When do you guys think Charlie'll come out?" Knox asked innocently, causing (y/n) to glare at him with all the negative energy she possessed. 

"Dunno." Pitts shrugged, grabbing the chess board and fiddling with a knight. "Nolan's made his move, let's just hope our boy doesn't call check mate." 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───