Mask Charming

It was exactly midnight when the filthiest rich people gathered and feasted in the ballroom. They drink carelessly as they mock and talk highly of themselves to anyone they talk to.

There was a deal in the making to assassinate the host himself that showed nothing but greed and selfishness. He showed no care in his town, treated his staff like peasants, and belittled anyone that approaches him. It wasn't until he messed around with the wrong people. Now he is holding a large price on his head to be slain. That is when Y/n and their team are hired to kill this greedy old man in his masquerade, to which I tell you is a great time to kill anyone without being identified.

The plan is simple. Two assassins will find a way to get the man himself on his own. The biography of the Park family is that he has two daughters, and both will be attending the party; there could be a chance that one of the daughters will suspect their father's disappearance. That is when Y/n and one of their team will distract the daughters away from the operation. Once the greedy man is alone, he would most likely be in his private room, drinking and pleasuring himself with a woman. The team will administrate a poison, killing him in an instant. It's less messy and quiet.

The group consists of five people. Two being the assassins, the getaway driver, and lastly, the distractors.

The group is now in their position, waiting for the signal. In a crowd of rich people, they are able to blend in with no problem, especially when it includes masked. Y/n and the group are all wearing suits and black masks to identify themselves amongst the crowd.

Y/n leaned themselves by the wall with a glass of champagne in their hand. They observed various groups of people. Most of their conversations are just about money, what they bought or complaining about what their partner bought them. Y/n sighed out of boredom as they continued to wait for the signal. Suddenly, they saw the two men in their team making their way into a secluded hallway that led to the private room.

"Earth to Y/n, why the hell are you just standing there?" The hidden earpiece spoke in their right ear.

"What else do I do other than standing? I'm waiting for my cue." Y/n quietly answered. It's hard to answer without looking suspicious.

Y/n pulled the collar that's choking them. "God, I hate this suit." They whispered

"Have you forgotten your role? Your role is to distract one of the two daughters of Mr. Park." They said.

Y/n sighed and turned themselves around to face the window beside them before placing the beverage on the table. "Why do I even have this role? I can do the assassination better than those two douchbags." They complained.

"It doesn't matter who gets the role, alright? It's about the cash we're getting after this, and you slacking will cause us to fail. Now chop, chop!" The in-ear made a loud ring causing Y/n to flinch from the sudden noise.

Y/n groaned since they couldn't argue now that they were doing the operation. Plus, the only thing Y/n cared about was the cash. Compared to the past operations they had, this mission held a large amount of cash that they couldn't refuse. It was enough to let Y/n pay anything that they owed.

"What does one of the daughters look like anyway?" Y/n asked as they turned back to the crowd.

"Well, one of the eldest daughters is now distracted from one of our distractors, so you'll be focusing on the youngest daughter." The earpiece said. "The youngest daughter is at an average height, about 168 meters tall, has blonde hair, fair skin. I'm not sure what she's wearing right now, so that is up to you, but one thing I know, the Parks will be wearing golden masks."

Y/n looked from right to left, and there she was, walking away from a flirtatious man. The man seems to have drunk too much to become this bold, thinking he can approach Mr. Park's daughter. But after seeing the youngest daughter look in disgust, it was satisfying to see the outcome.