First Kiss

Roseanne and Y/n have been dating for the past four months. That, if we exclude the courting stage. The two haven't seen each other for weeks due to their hectic schedules. Roseanne has been working on an upcoming comeback, while Y/n has to catch up on the deadline. Despite all, Y/n was patient and understanding with the situation, that they would check up on her once in a while; Especially when they know that Roseanne can get easily stressed. 

But now that Roseanne has a chance for a day off, the two decided to go out late at night to eat and explore Hangang Park by the Han River. They are now sitting on a bench, laughing at Roseanne's story about how Hank's head got stuck in a paper bag.

"He was so confused that he just stood still until I took it off him." Roseanne giggled. 

Y/n laughs, "He is one elegant dog, but sometimes his brains go elsewhere." They said. "How is he doing, by the way? I haven't seen him for a while." Y/n wondered. 

"He's doing great, still loves my mom more than me, but we're getting there," Roseanne answered. 

"The more you spend time with him, the more he'll love you," Y/n teased. Roseanne then stopped and looked down at the floor. Y/n could already sense a hint of guilt. 

"What's wrong?" Y/n asked. 

Roseanne sighed. "It's just that I don't get the chance to even spend time with Hank; or even with you." She explained. "It makes me wonder if I'm being a good girlfriend for you."

"Because, you know, you're already the best partner I could ever have. Like you are perfect in every way. You're patient with me; you would give me your time even though you're also on a busy schedule. And, I can't even do that because everything that I do requires a time limit and-"

"Hey," Y/n interrupted. "Don't compare yourself with the things I do. The things that I do for you, are something I want to do. And you know what? I get in trouble with it all the time but to you. You are in a situation where you can't do the things that I can do in my job. Just know, that I understand your struggle, and I'm willing to listen and help you." 

"So don't say that you're a bad partner because you are not. You are the most loving girlfriend that I would never want to lose." They spoke. "And you know what? I am proud of you, baby. You've worked hard to be the best idol and the best girlfriend I've ever had." 

Roseanne's lips curved into a smile after hearing her lover's reassurance. It's been in her mind for the past few weeks. Because of the stress and the pressure of the comeback, she could not even give her attention to Y/n. But, Y/n continues to treat her well despite Roseanne not returning the favour. That's what makes her love them the most. 

The two stayed in comfortable silence until Y/n shifted their eyes to Rosenne's lips. It made them realize that they haven't kissed during their four months of dating. There are plenty of reasons why they haven't, one being the busy schedule and the respect for her personal space. Also, Y/n wanted to make sure that Roseanne is comfortable being at that level. 

Perhaps, this is the time to do it. 

"Can I...kiss you?" Y/n asked for permission as they continued to stare between her lip and deeply into Roseanne's eyes. It was as if they are peeking into the gates of her soul. It's telling them a yes to kiss the plump lips. 

Without a word, Roseanne nodded shyly and tilted her head down, embarrassed to look at her lover's eyes. Y/n reached their hand to land on her cheek as they brushed their thumb on her skin. Oh, how soft it feels. Y/n leaned their head closer while their eyes shifted from her eyes to her ajar lips. 

It wasn't long til their lips met. It was awkward at first as they both tried to figure out the speed and the desire for each other. But once they were able to ponder one another, there was romance blooming in the night, fireworks igniting to explode beautiful colours.