Clumsy

One autumn afternoon, Roseanne was given a day off; so she could spend time with her loving partner and her handsome dog. As of right now, they are currently spending their day at Y/n's house. Roseanne was upstairs, putting on light makeup while Hank and Y/n are downstairs playing.

The living room was filled with the sound of jingles from Hank's collar and a playful scream from Y/n. Roseanne chuckles at the sound, hearing her favourite person having fun.

Hank and Y/n are doing a tug of war with his chew toy, his stance leaning backward as he pulls the chew toy. Y/n was on their knee, matching his height as they exaggerated their side pull.

 However, due to the excessive pull, Hank lets go of the toy, causing Y/n to lose their balance. Their face then meets the sharper side of the corner wall. There was a loud thud while Y/n hissed in pain as their body dropped down to the wooden floor.

"Man down, man down." Y/n groaned while covering their face. Hank sniffed the lying person, indicating his worries. 

Y/n opened their right eye to look at Hank. They laughed and petted the caring dog. 

"It's alright, bubba. We had a good match, and that's all that matters." Y/n reassured. Hank sat down and yawned while Y/n continued to lie down. 

Suddenly, the two heard footsteps coming from the stairs. Y/n stared at Hank, who was still focused on the stairs. 

"Please don't tell your mom," Y/n conveyed. But Hank did not listen. He made his way toward the end of the stairs, where he saw his mom making her way down. 

"Hey Hankie," She cheered in a high-pitched voice. "Where's Y/n?" She asked the dog as if it was going to answer. 

The reason why Roseanne went downstairs is because of a parental instinct. The worrying feeling when a child suddenly goes silent for more than five seconds while playing.

Y/n quickly got up from the floor and turned their back to face the tall woman. When the taller woman finally saw her partner, she slowly approached Y/n while Hank followed behind. 

"Hey baby, is everything okay?" Roseanne asked. 

Y/n stood in silence for a moment. "Maybe." They mumbled.

Roseanne could already sense something was wrong from the tone of their voice. 

"Y/n, can you turn around, please." She asked nicely.

"What if I say no?" Y/n challenged Roseanne.

"Y/n," Roseanne warned. 

"Okay, okay," Y/n spoke in defeat. They turned around to face their girlfriend. 

"Oh my god, what happened?!" Roseanne exclaimed. She sees her partner covering the left side of their face. She went closer to inspect the injury.

 She pulled Y/n's hand that was covering the swell. Y/n's left eye was closed due to the swelling of their left cheek. The sharp corner of the wall left a red streak with an angle of 150° below the eye. 

"I played a bit more rough than I expected and slammed my face to the wall," Y/n explained. Roseanne pulled Y/n to sit on the couch.

She continues to observe the wound before she lets out a sigh. 

"I know that you want to get close to Hank, but please be careful while playing with him." Roseanne scolded. 

"What can I say? Hank can be strong sometimes. I might have underestimated him." Y/n commented.

"Well, looking at it, it's only a bruise and a slight tear mark. But it'll heal naturally," Roseanne explained. She got up from the couch and into the washroom, where she fetched a first aid kit.