Reunite

F4M

The scenario sets in the 1940s.

Y/n sighed in frustration while they sat on their chair. They are currently examining the documents given by their assistant regarding the sudden drop in their business. The Brown Corporation is in significant trouble, with the constant scandals that Y/n has been facing; scandals like fraud, child neglect, abuse, and even having an affair with one of their closest friend.

It has filled them with frustration since Y/n and their lawyer cannot identify who is making the accusations. And adding the sudden drops in demand in their business did not help.

At this point, Y/n has not gotten a single rest and has not once eaten anything but coffee. Suddenly, a knock interrupted their daze.

"So chief, I was able to obtain the records of your bank account," Mike said as he continued to examine the paper.

Y/n and Mike knew each other since college. Y/n was able to obtain a degree in business, while Mike was able to obtain a law degree. So not only the two were friends, Mike became the official lawyer for the Brown family.

"Yes, yes. I will check it after this." Y/n sighed as they massaged their temple.

"It is much more important than the rest of the case, Y/n. I highly recommend checking it out." Mike advised with a serious look on his face.

Y/n stared at the man before taking a large intake of air.

"Alright, let us see what we got." Mike immediately handed the papers to Y/n.

Y/n carefully examined each dollar spent on each date, and to their conclusion, it was indeed odd to see the number of dollars spent on certain days. Some have gone up to a million, which was odd since Y/n would never spend that much unless it is business related. And to that exact date, they did not recall spending a million that day.

"It is odd to see this number right?" Mike chimed in.

"Why yes indeed," Y/n said while their brow furrowed in confusion. "Were you able to track the person that is causing this?" They asked.

Mike nodded. "We most definitely did." He said.

"Do you recognize the name, Richard?" Mike questioned.

Y/n had thought for a moment before realizing who it was.

"You mean to tell me that Richard Sullivan is the cause of this?" Y/n said.

Richard and Y/n have known each other from the man's small business. Y/n recognized the potential in Richard's business, and they have given them a fund to start.

This was shocking to Y/n. They have helped Richard just for them to find out the person they were the cause of spending millions of funds.

"Well from the spikes in the records of spending, it was all his doings. And the total he has spent in the past few weeks is twenty million dollars." Mike explained.

"Y/n, if he keeps doing this, you will be on the brink of bankruptcy." He added.

"After all I've done to him. He would just betray just like that?" They spoke. "That bastard."

Y/n is also on the brink of losing it as more problems fill the jar. At this point, adding another one could break the whole glass.

"That is not all, Y/n," Mike said. "All of the scandals were also his making. And it seems like he made another one" He took out an envelope from his blazer.