Secret Admirer

Valentine's Day. The day of Love, where every year someone will show their feelings to the ones they love. Every year, the school has flowers for sale to deliver to the person that the customer has requested to be delivered to. The flowers will eventually be given after lunch until the very last class, and this customer could either state their name on the tag with a letter or it could be anonymous. They called it the candy grams.

Roseanne grumbled in her seat while listening to the teacher in her biology class. She hasn't seen Y/n since the morning, they didn't even hang out during lunch, and not a single text has been sent about where they've been. Biology is the only same class they both have together and the last class before home time. However, Y/n is not beside her.

Could they be absent on this special day? Roseanne thought. She dares not to think selfishly, for they might have fallen sick. That thought worried the young woman.

Y/n has only been courting Roseanne for the past few months. But the effect that Y/n has been providing her is getting to her that she genuinely cares for that person. Even to the point where every night, she would think of what Y/n will do next on their date.

But before she could think further, a familiar voice greeted the teacher. A voice she loves hearing.

"Good afternoon! Sorry if I'm late." Y/n smiled while they scratched their head. The teacher forgave the young student and began explaining the summary of today's class.

While Y/n listened to the teacher, Roseanne could not help but stare at their smile, that she had forgotten what she was upset or worried about.

Once the teacher was done instructing Y/n about the activity, they made their way to the usual seat, which is sitting beside Roseanne. They smiled softly after seeing their favourite woman patiently waiting for them to settle in.

"Hi." Y/n gently whispered.

"Hi." Roseanne shyly responded, along with a smile. The young woman could not help but blush. Seeing how attractive her current suitor is, her heart pumps heavily every time her eyes would gaze at their iris.

"Have you eaten?" Y/n wondered.

Roseanne surprisingly shooked her head. "No, not really." She said.

During lunch, you would expect Roseanne to be occupied eating, but since Y/n did not even once appear, she spent that time searching for them, or she would just sit with her friends, but once in a while, she would turn her head at the door hopping to see Y/n entering. I guess she did not realize that she hasn't eaten anything until Y/n mentioned it.

Y/n expression changed into concern, then rummaged something in their bag before turning their attention back to Roseanne's.

"Do you want to eat something sweet?" They asked while both of their hands were behind their back.

"Why?" Roseanne also asked.

"Um..." Their eyes shifted to the side. "You see, I made crinkle cookies last night, and I was wondering if you'd like one," they spoke in a hushed voice. And boy, when I tell you, Roseanne always loves seeing them like that. She could stare at that adorable face all day if she could.

"Yeah, I would like to eat some." She beamed.

Y/n chuckled before taking out a container filled with crinkled cookies. The people at the big table where the two were also seated noticed the cookies and asked if they could have one as well. Y/n unhesitantly allowed the people to take one as well. Usually, they are not allowed to eat in class since there is a chance that they will be experimenting, but luckily there was none.

Almost everyone in the class, even the teacher, complimented Y/n's baking skills, but out of everyone's compliments, Roseanne's praise made them the happiest.