Chapter 16

Dedicated to liekefoster

Thanks a lot for reading my story , liekefoster ^_^
-----------------------------------

Naruto woke up way too earlier than expected.

"We were just hugging." Kiba whined.

I got near Naruto and checked on his wounds. It seemed to be less visible, meaning, it's healing unusually fast. So, the medicines that doctor used on him was really effective.

"How are you feeling now?" I asked as I helped him sit up straight on his bed.

"Much better. I'm feeling hungry." Naruto gave his usual grin and scratched back of his neck.

"You can have th-" I was cut off by Shino.

"No. I'm not giving him this." Shino held the food box behind his back.

"Shino? You are being rude to a patient." Naruto accused.

"I don't care. Hana, didn't have a drop of water since the moment you assholes left." Shino spat.

"I didn't know you could actually care for anyone besides your teammates." Naruto teased him and Shino was about to shove him.

"Guys! Stop. Naruto, I'll get you something to eat." I stated and made my way to the door only to be pulled back by two different hands. Kiba and Shino.

"Just have this thing and then do whatever you want." Kiba forced me to sit on the chair and placed the food on my lap.

"Hana, bring me food after stuffing all those into your mouth." Naruto pointed to the food box that was opened. It was cheese sandwich with an omlet in between. I love it.

I left the hospital once I had done eating and walked towards Ichiraku ramen with Kiba and Shino. I got Naruto's favourite ramen and waved the guys goodbye as they left to their apartment.

"Tada! Guess what I've in my hand?" I exaggerated a bit to excite Naruto after entering his room.

"Food." He replied plainly. He's too exhausted.

I placed his ramen on the tray and placed it above his bed.

"ICHIRAKU RAMEN? THANKS A LOT, HANA." Naruto yelled and beamed at me.

It was around 9pm and I already started to feel sleepy. And then Naruto spoke up.

"Hana! Sasuke left us." He dropped his head down and said in a weak voice. I got up and hugged his head.

"He'll be back someday. Don't worry." I consoled him.

I made myself comfortable on the couch that was two feet away from his bed and he laid back on his bed. We slept in few minutes.

--------

It's been a week since Sasuke left. Naruto is completely alright and he got a new sensei too. Jiraya-sama, one of the legendary sannin, since Naruto needed to learn how to make use of his nine-tailed fox's power within him. Naruto and Jiraya-sama left the village in order to train and also to search for a lady.

I keep thinking about Sasuke at times, actually most of the times. Mostly at nights, I hope he doesn't get nightmares wherever he is. And I'm not so sure whether he'll get as strong as Itachi. Not that I'm looking down at my friend's abilities, it's just a thought. Itachi is a source for fire, I guess it actually originated from him. Anyone nears him or even think of nearing him, would turn to ash. I've read about him when I happened to glance at some files in Hokage's office. I'm still a Hokage's assistant, remember? But without a Hokage. That thought still kills me inside. I miss you Hokage-sama.

Everybody has to die one day or the other. Still.... I can't digest.