Chapter 24

After saving Hidan's ass from all the fangirls, I, Kisame and Hidan headed to the gates. I just wanted to say goodbye, which easily said than done. Kiba, Naruto, Sakura and Ino followed us to the gates too. Kiba and Naruto, just to accompany me after the Akatsuki guys leave but Sakura and Ino came along, to drool over Hidan.

"I'm gonna miss you guys, really bad." I said as I held Kisame's and Hidan's hands, as we got to the gates and the others stayed a two feet away from us.

"Yeah, we'll miss you too." Kisame held my hand and squeezed it a bit.

"Take care and write to us, whenever you can." Hidan said and hugged me. Kisame joined the hug too. Tears already found it's exit and poured out.

Suddenly, there appeared a smoke with a small tornado. All of us gaped at it. As the smoke cleared with tornado disappearing, there was a figure standing.

I was astonished as I took a better look at that figure.

Uchiha Itachi. He came as he had promised. I ran to him and hugged him tightly. I could hear few gasps behind, probably by the non- Akatsuki members, that's my friends, probably wondering why is Itachi hugging me!

"I'm gonna miss you badly, Ita-kun." I said through my sobs. Yeah, I started sobbing badly after seeing him.

"I'll miss you too." He pulled back and wiped away the tears. He then took out something from his cloak. It was a chain with cute pendant and he himself put it around my neck. It reached a few inches below my collarbone. It was wonderful.

"It's beautiful." I averted my gaze from the pendant to his eyes.

He, then cupped my face and kissed on my forehead. Awe. It was a blue butterfly with two small Sharingans on each wings. I loved it.

"Take care. It's not just a pendant. It'll notify me if you are in danger. It's time for us to leave." He said as he stepped away from me with Kisame and Hidan joining him too.

"No no! Don't go." I said by holding his and Kisame's cloak with tears flooding down my face.

They just disappeared in a poof after waving at me. I couldn't take it at all, my knees buckled and I dropped to ground, holding the pendant. I heard footsteps behind me.

"You okay?" Kiba asked as he and Naruto helped me up.

I bobbed my head with tears still flowing down. Naruto held my hand and we turned around and walked towards our apartment, I guess, with Kiba on the other side of me.

------

The whole time during the walk to the apartment, we stayed silent.

"HANAAAAA." Naruto shouted as soon as we stepped inside our apartment. I just stared at him, not knowing, why the hell did he just screech like that!

"Baka. Shut up!" I heard a familiar voice from the living room. So, the three of us walked to the living room, only to see Sasuke and his pals on couch. What the hell?

"What are th-" I was cut off. Not by Naruto but this time was Kiba.

"Why were you hugging him, Hana?" Kiba asked worriedly.

"ACTUALLY MORE THAN HUGGING. HE EVEN KISSED HER. BELIEVE IT." Naruto hollered.

I sighed as I understood that they are referring to Itachi.

"Guys, stop. He's actually -" Naruto cut me off.

"He's actually what?" Naruto snapped back and Kiba kept starring at my mouth, waiting for my answer.

"He's my sensei. Sort of." I deadpanned as I couldn't tolerate with the questions and glares.

"SENSEI?" Naruto and Kiba yelled in unison. And Sasuke yelled at Naruto again. Jerk.

"Ye-yeah!" I said in a low voice.

"But Hana, Itachi betrayed our village and massacred his whole clan. Why did you accept him as your sensei? Why did your sensei kiss you then?" Kiba asked and I noticed Sasuke's eyes widened in shock or hatred. Not sure. Ask him.

"He's-" I wasn't just cut off but was pinned against the wall by Sasuke, with his death grip on my shoulders.

"Itachi is your sensei?" He asked through gritted teeth.

I nodded my head.

Sasuke scoffed at me.

"Why him?" He asked and for a fraction of second I saw a glint of hurt in his eyes which was immediately shielded with his death glare. Naruto and Kiba tried pulling him off of me but he shrugged them off. Naruto, thinking that we were having a friendly talk after two years, pulled Kiba back and flopped on the couch and started chatting with Sasuke's pals. A very clever best friend, right?

"Because he didn't let me die in the hands of that snake man, like you did." I said starring right into his eyes. With that he left my apartment and that girl, I think her name was Karin, in tow.

That bitch Karin gave me a nasty look before running after Sasuke. Fuck off slut, I internally cursed. I've got influenced by Hidan. But I never cuss out loud, like him.

It feels so good to be back but I don't wanna see Sasuke's face or be around him. Things don't happen our way, all the time. Right?