𝐢𝐢𝐢.

(tw: harassment)
Y/N's POV

I met Enola at the markets after meeting with my mother. I still was thinking about Mateo and him wanting to marry me. I didn't know what his true intentions were, if anything I saw him as my friend.

I knew where I would find Enola. She would always be right outside where the newspaper stand would be.

"Y/N!" Enola called out. I walked over to her, linking our arms together.

"What did your mother want to talk to you about?" She questioned.

"It was about Mateo," I informed her.

"No surprise there," She responded. "What did she talk about?"

"She asked me if I could learn how to love him. I only see him as my friend and nothing more." I explained to her.

"Again, he's only following his duties for his family. It's not like he's finding love." She rolled her eyes. If there is anything about Enola, she acts like my older sister even though I'm older.

"We don't know that for sure." I defended. Mateo was a lovely gentleman and friend. I couldn't see him doing something like that.

"Don't tell me you're thinking of marrying him." Her eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm not, I promise. I told my mother that I'd try to like him. It's not like I want to marry him. I haven't even thought of getting married, I don't even think I'm ready anytime soon." I told her. I didn't want to get married so young. And even if I did, I wanted to marry someone I love and loves me.

"And that's nothing to feel bad about. I know what you're thinking. Whenever the time comes, you'll be ready." Enola smiled.

"You're right," I told her. She always knew what I had on my mind.

"Of course I am. Anyways, I need to go get parchment and new quills, I'll be back." She said.

"Alright, I'll just be at the jeweler shop."

I walked along the markets around until I found the jeweler shop. It was near the alley which isn't the safest but usually, there are people.

When I arrived the owner wasn't there. There also weren't a lot of people around. There was a man, he seemed around twenty-two or so. He kept eyeing me up and down. I felt uncomfortable but regained my composure. I couldn't let him win.

I tried walking back until I heard footsteps behind me. I turned left to a corner hoping whoever was behind me would leave. Except they didn't. The footsteps only got closer and closer.

No one was in this area. I stopped and tried finding another way back to Enola.

The guy I saw looking me up and down was now in front of me.

"Pretty young girls like you usually aren't here all by themselves. What brings you here?" He asked me.

"Nothing that involves you, now good day," I said, trying to walk past him but he grabbed my wrist before I could leave. He pinned me against the wall and grabbed my other wrist to stop me from doing anything to him. My fight or flight started sinking in. I took a deep breath knowing I could probably fight him off.

"I was being nice to you, but apparently you don't like that." He said. "It's alright, I quite like feisty girls," He smirked. I have never felt more disgusted in my life.

"Get off of me!" I shouted at him. He only smirked trying to get closer to me. He lowered his head to my neck and that's when my fight came out. Before he got the chance to do anything, I knee him in the crotch.

He let go of my wrists and kneeled. "You bitch!" He yelled after me, groaning.

I quickly ran from the alley and looked back making sure he wasn't after me. I bumped into someone along the way.

"Sorry," I apologized, not even acknowledging the person in front of me.

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" A deep voice said. I looked up and was met with a handsome face. The boy had brown eyes and hair with a nice sharp jawline. I noticed he was a noble as he was nicely dressed.

"I could say the same for you," I replied. I was looking back and forth between the alley and the boy, still worried if the man was after me.

"I heard someone shout, I'm just making sure no one's harmed." He told me. I felt my heart melt for a second. Boys who look out for others are people I trust instantly.

"Were you the one who was shouting?" He asked as two other boys arrived. There was a blonde and another dark-haired boy. They finished their jog and stopped in front of me.

"I would be the one who was shouting," I answered, I looked back one more time to make sure the man wasn't near, but there he was.

"You-" He said coming after me. The brunette stood in front of me while, what I assumed were, his two friends rushed to stop the man.

"You're gonna pay for that!" The man shouted. The brunette's friends pushed him down to the ground.

"That's no way to treat a lady mate." The dirty blonde-haired boy said squatting near him.

"You think you're so tough, don't you?" The man said starting to get up.

Before he started anything else the blonde had stopped the man.

"Go, piss off." The boy with the blonde hair said. The man glared at him before leaving.

"Are you alright?" The brunette turned around and asked me.

"I'm alright," I said. "I could've handled that myself."

"I'm sure you could've," The boy smiled down at me. He was taller than I was, making me look up at him.

"Thank you though," I said to him. "All three of you." I turned to his other two friends, smiling at them.

"Are you sure you're going to be alright on your own?" The brunette asked me.

"Yes, I'm fine." I insisted.

"I think we should walk you back to where the other markets are if you want." The blonde said.

"I'd like that," I responded.

"So what brought you back there?" The dirty blonde asked.

"I was trying to look for some jewelry but the shop was closed," I explained.

"Do you have a friend near here?" The blonde asked.

"I do! She was just getting some parchment and quills. I decided to go on my own, that's all."

We soon arrived back at the markets. I spotted Enola.

"I see my friend, thank you." I curtsied to the three boys, they bowed back.

"Wait, what is your name?" The brunette asked.

"I guess you'll never know," I shouted back, smiling at him before walking to Enola.

"Y/N! I was on my way. I just got a bit caught up." Enola said. She looked around and noticed something. I couldn't tell what but she quickly grabbed my hands. "Let's go this way." She said, leading us to a dress shop.