𝐯.

Two weeks had passed and it was the day of my ball. Two weeks since I had seen the brunette.  I wish I could have given him my name or asked for his, but I didn't for mystery. I never met anyone like him. He seemed charming and handsome, to me at least.

His eyes are what immediately caught me. I couldn't get his eyes out of my thoughts over the past two weeks. I had never seen him in my life but he seems like he was from here.

Currently, Enola and I were getting ready. I was putting my dress on with the help of a few servants. It was a [f/c] dress which I chose. It was everything I could have ever dreamed of.

The collar made of lace was accompanied with a short length sleeves. The dress was made to fit my waist below my rib cage. The fabric was light weight which made it easy to dance. The hemline was also two to three inches of the floor so I couldn't trip while dancing. I had a shawl somewhere in my room that went well with the dress.

My hair was already done in a braided updo, I quite liked it. Enola was fiddling with her dress, trying to make it as comfortable as she could.

"Y/N," Enola said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hm?" I looked towards her.

"Never mind, you're lost elsewhere." I hadn't even noticed the servants were done helping me.

"I apologize, I'm just nervous." I lied as I put my gloves on. They matched with my dress and were long sleeves. I was a little nervous but I mostly couldn't get the brunette out of my head.

"What for?" Enola asked while picking up the mask. They went along with our dresses. She handed me mine.

"I don't know, I guess it might be overwhelming." I sighed, shrugging my shoulders, putting the shawl around my shoulders. I wasn't one for the attention.

"You'll be fine Y/N, just have fun. It's not like anyone can see your face either way." Enola smiled.

"I guess so." I shrugged grabbing my fan. It was essential especially to a ball.

"Come on, your parents are waiting," Enola said grabbing my hand and leading us to my parents.

We made our way down into the main hall. Neither of us had our mask on as the ball wasn't until a few hours.

"Miss Y/N," I heard someone speak up. I turned around and saw Mateo. He bowed slightly.

"Mateo," I curtsied. It had been three years since I last saw him. He had grown from the last time I saw him. He was also taller.

"It's lovely to see you again," He held out his hand.

"Likewise," I smiled politely at him while placing my hand in his. He brought it up and kissed it, I quickly slipped my hand away once he moved his lips.

My father cleared his throat probably sensing that I was a bit uncomfortable.

"Dinner is about to begin," He smiled at me and then all the other guests.

Mateo held out his arm, and I could not decline as it would be rude. He smiled at me and in return, I gave him a fake smile.

"Y/N," My mother appeared next to us. "Mateo has just come back from his trip all around Europe, why don't you ask him about it?"

"Oh, right! I completely forgot about that. How was it? What countries did you visit?" I knew my mother was trying to set us up but I was intrigued. Mateo sent me a letter over a year and a half ago that he would be traveling all of Europe.

"It went well! I traveled to..."

~~~

After the dinner had ended, the ball began. Every young person in the room had masks to cover their face. Although, I already knew who Mateo and Enola were as no one had their masks during dinner, and I could recognize their clothing.