𝐱.

"Maybe you don't..." Owen said.

"There is no other way I could," I told him.

"There is. Tewkesbury and his family are going to the theater this Saturday. I'm sure we could convince our parents to go. You know, as a family gathering." Owen concluded.

"That could work... but wait. How would I meet up with him?" I asked him. The last thing I wanted was for our parents to realize we were meeting.

"We could ask for different seating arrangements. I could tell Tewkesbury to ask his parents to change it and sit with me. You could say the same to your mother and father. Say you're sitting with me but you'll take my spot and sit with Tewkesbury." He explained his plan. It seemed as though he already knew his plan.

"I don't know, it could be very risky..." I admitted to him.

"Just trust me," Owen said. I looked at him contemplating my choices. "You could also bring a friend if you don't want to be alone."

I wanted to bring Enola. She was the more sensible one when I started to overthink. Although, I haven't told her about Tewkesbury, and I know she would rage. So Enola is out of the picture. My only option would be Owen.

"Fine," I told Owen.

~~~

"I can't believe it actually worked," I told Owen in disbelief. We were on our way to the theatre. Owen and I shared a carriage while our parents shared their own.

"I have my ways," Owen said while fixing his cuffs. And Owen did have his way. I wasn't sure how but here was how it went.

"Mum! Aunt Ophelia!" I called after them. They stopped and turned around to face Owen and me.

"[Y/N] and I were wondering if we should go to the theater on Saturday," Owen mentioned. I knew my mother. She loved operas and she hasn't gone in a long time. She could also spend time with her sister.

"It's been so long since we've gone. And your favorite opera singer will be the one performing." I told my mother, trying to persuade her. It was a toss of the coin when I tried to persuade my mother. Sometimes she agreed and sometimes it didn't go my way.

"I don't know dear, this is brought up last minute." Mother said concernedly. My mother and father are the ones to have orders. Anything last minute, they would be unpleased.

"Come on, Addie," Ophelia begged my mother. "It's a good way the children could rekindle." Ophelia smiled.

"Over an opera singer?" My mother raised an eyebrow, not finding the correlation.

"I tend to have an eye for the arts. Music, literature, art, and so on." Owen said. "[N/N] said she was interested in this week's opera singer." He lied, "explaining" to my mother.

Now, my mother knew me well. She knew I hated opera and I thought she was going to catch me in the act.

"Alright, if that's what you kids want." My mother said. My eyes widened, surprised she agreed. "I'll go tell your father."

But that was Monday morning. I was a mess. I didn't even know why. The worst that could happen is we never see each other again. So why was I nervous?

"What's wrong?" Owen inquired.

"It's nothing," I replied, trying to dismiss the conversation.

"Is it about Tewkesbury?" Owen asked. I shrugged slightly, knowing that it was.

"I just don't want to cause problems. You know how much this family hates them."

"I thought you didn't think anything serious of it." Insinuating that I wasn't interested in Tewkesbury.