𝐱𝐢𝐢.

Tewkesbury and I found a way to meet up again. We decided to go to Owen's house. As I know my aunt and family and Tewkesbury knows Owen's family.

We're planning to invite Matthew, Violet, and Enola too. That way it doesn't seem suspicious. They all accepted our invitation.

I was at Owen's house helping him set up. I didn't wear anything elaborate or heavy, we were going to be playing badminton and croquet.

I just wore a white off-the-shoulder blouse accompanied by a black bodice on top, a maroon skirt, and boots. It was quite comfortable, I could easily move around. Owen was wearing black trousers and a button-up shirt with suspenders.

"Excited to see your one true love?" Owen teased. He just did it to annoy me, and he succeeded.

"You are so dumb." I rolled my eyes, helping my aunt finish up the tray of snacks.

"What's this about?" Ophelia asked, intrigued.

"Nothing, Owen is just being an idiot," I told her. I knew she didn't believe me though, as her smirk said everything I needed to know.

"Alright," She replied. There was nothing that you could hide from Aunt Ophelia, she'd just find out another way. Just then the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," I said. I left the kitchen and went to the front entrance.

I opened the door and there was Tewkesbury... He was the first one to arrive. He had black trousers, a white button-up with the top three buttons unbuttoned, a black vest suit, and the sleeves were rolled up.

His hair was quite messed up, but in all honesty, it suited him well. His face was slightly flushed as well. I could only assume he was at practice before arriving.

"Come in," I invited him inside. I tried not to stare at him for too long. He entered and I closed the door behind him.

"How are you, angel?" He asked, turning to me.

"You cannot say that here." I scolded him. He looked around at our surroundings. There was no one here except us two. There wasn't anything to worry about, but you could never be sure.

"I don't see anyone here." He shrugged. "You look lovely." He complimented me.

"You don't look bad yourself." I returned. There's something about him that just makes me go into a trance. I didn't know if it was his words or something else.

"I try," He teased. "I've missed you." He acknowledged. I couldn't tell if it was the truth, but I believed him.

"I'm sure you have," I teased him. I wasn't willing to tell him I missed him. But I did enjoy his presence.

"Am I the first one here?" He asked.

"Indeed you are," I replied. "Have you just come from fencing lessons?" I turned to him. In his letters, he had said he took fencing lessons, which was intriguing, to say the least.

"I have. Do you have a thing for fencers?"

"I like men who are more hands-on in fighting than those who dance around each other with a weapon." I teased him, smiling.

"I guess you'll have to teach me how to fight," He insinuated my martial arts; I had once told him over a letter. "I get to be close to you at least." He said unshamefully.

"Maybe one day," I said, shrugging my shoulders. Not giving him the answer he wanted.

"Quit flirting and help set up," Owen said, arriving in front of us. I rolled my eyes at his remark.

~~~

Enola, Violet, and Matthew showed up about half an hour later. We all had gotten along. Matthew wouldn't leave Violet alone, but it wasn't like she minded. We played badminton for a while, it was the girls against the boys.