Hello!

I want to elaborate on my characters, their actions, thoughts, etc., how I write my story and the methods behind my madness.

So first thing, I want to talk about my characters! Let's start with Mrs. Alderidge. (Adeline Alderidge, Née Matthews).

When Mrs. Alderidge ([Y/N] and Wyatt's mother) is talking about Mateo, she is encouraging her daughter. She doesn't want her daughter to be lonely. She knows that [Y/N] is independent and doesn't really want to get married. She just wants to make sure her daughter has a good happy life with a good man who loves her.

And Mrs. Alderidge believes that Mateo is the perfect bachelor. She sees that he loves her daughter very much. Some people say that she's gaslighting her daughter, but that is not the case! [Y/N] understands this is why she isn't mad or anything.

Honestly, Mrs. Alderidge is not the villain.

Next, one of our favorites:
Mr. Alderidge! (Philip Alderidge)

Not much to really explain, but I wanted the father to be supportive and considerate toward his daughter's wishes. Especially because [Y/N] is his only daughter. I forgot to mention it with Mrs. Alderidge. But basically, Mr. and Mrs. Alderidge had a lot of miscarriages. They truly wanted a big family but that is not what happened. (This is also part of the reason why Mrs. Alderidge wants [Y/N] to have a loving man by her side).

Mr. Alderidge isn't quick to agree with Mateo as we first saw. I guess the saying doesn't always go "like father like son." That's because Wyatt is completely the opposite.

Wyatt! Our least favorite brother... Stan James (ifykyk).

So I would say Wyatt is twenty-five (25) and so there's a clear age difference between Wyatt and [Y/N], who is sixteen (16). Growing up, he was raised 'hating' the Basilwethers. His parents did not teach him this. Oh no. His uncle, Callum's father.

He's not in the story but that's how I imagine. That's why Callum and Wyatt get along well.

Nonetheless, he was brought up that way. He wants to make sure the Alderidge name is honorable, just like any gentleman back then would. He wants to make his family proud and honor his family's legacy. This is why he is so persistent about [Y/N] marrying Mateo.

Wyatt's name isn't white either. He isn't a classy nobleman as much as he likes to assume. He's a bit of a playboy, I don't know what they would call them back then-

Nonetheless. Wyatt is a pain in the butt. I think imma leave it there as there is more to him in the story later.

Next, we have "our least favorite bachelor":

Mateo.

Bless his heart. I love Mateo but I did somewhat purposefully make him somewhat "annoying." Personally, I think Mateo is sweet but maybe it's y'all that are massive Tewkesbury simps.

Mateo is based off of someone I knew! Although, I loathed this person so much. We used to be friends and then he confessed that he liked me. Here's the thing: I feel like no one could like me but then I see subtle signs that they like me and I deny it. ANYWAYS. I told my friend I needed space and to think about it (what was there to think about? nothing, I didn't like him).

He told me he would give me time BUT HE DIDNT. He kept pestering me. Like it was obvious he still wanted to talk to me. I said to give me space, it's like he heard "be near me at all times 😍." He got annoying so I blocked him and never talked to him again.

Anyways, now back to Mateo. Mateo is sweet, honorable, and gentle. He truly does love [Y/N]. He has been in love with her since they were twelve. He truly believes [Y/N] is his soulmate (but uh, we all know who her real soulmate is).