𝐯𝐢.

Owen's POV

I saw Matthew and Tewkesbury walk away and toward two girls. I smiled at them and saw how Matthew instantly got the girl. I didn't see how it went with Tewkesbury and the other girl.

Instead, I heard an interesting conversation. Now, I'm not one to gossip or eavesdrop but I am observant. I couldn't help but hear the conversation near me.

"Uncle," I heard the familiar voice of Callum Alderidge. Nephew of Lord Alderidge. "I'm not sure if you have heard, but I believe Tewkesbury Basilwether is in here at this moment."

How did we get caught? Is it that obvious? It couldn't have been...

"I don't see any harm in him." Lord Alderidge defended. "I've heard he is a good gentleman and properly behaved." Lord Alderidge responded to Callum.

"Uncle! He is here to mock us! Basilwethers are vile and corrupt. They will do anything to make us look bad-" Callum was fuming until his uncle stopped him.

"He hasn't caused a ruckus, has he?" Lord Alderidge asked his nephew. I saw Callum's face falter slightly, making me laugh a little.

"No, but-"

"So ignore him. You will not ruin my daughter's ball." He said sternly.

"I will not tolerate him!" He shouted, the music was louder though. Not many people could hear him, but only those closest to him.

"You will tolerate him. Are you the head of the house? Or am I?" He asked sternly. Callum stayed quiet. "And if you know what is best for you, leave it be." That was all Lord Alderidge said before he walked away from Callum.

I needed to find Tewkesbury and advise him. I turned to the people dancing. I noticed Matthew with a girl with black curls. I kept looking around for Tewkesbury who was dancing with a [h/c] girl and a [f/c] dress.

"Owen!" I heard someone shout my name. I could not have mistaken that voice for anyone but my mother's voice.

"Mother," I said, as she walked toward me.

"Come along dear," She linked our arms together while walking. "We need to see your cousin." That was all she said.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"She's out there dancing, in the [f/c] dress and braided updo." She pointed her fan towards the girl with the same description. It was the girl who was dancing with Tewkesbury.

Y/N's POV

Violet and I finished our conversation when a dirty blonde boy and a brunette appeared. The dirty blonde had a beige and black mask that had some gold paint on some pieces. His mask covered half his face but showed the other half of his face.

The brunette had an elegant navy mask, matching his suit. It covered the upper half of his face except his eyes.

"Ladies," The dirty blonde bowed in front of us, his friend following him and bowing as well. Violet and I curtsied. They both looked back up.

"Mr. ..." Violet had paused, not knowing his name.

"Matthew Hawthorne," Matthew introduced himself.

"Lovely to meet you, Mr. Matthew Hawthorne," I spiked up, smiling at him. He seemed interested in Violet.