𝐢𝐯.

Tewksbury's POV

"Who was that?" I asked Owen and Matthew, looking after the [h/c] girl. I saw her friend look at us and she took her away.

"She must live near here, but I've never seen her before," Owen said.

"Why? Are you going to ask for her hand in marriage?" Matthew teased. I flicked my finger to his head. "Ow!"

"What? No. I don't even know her." I scoffed. "I would at least want to get to know them first."

"You were giving her heart eyes Tewks," Matthew replied.

"I do believe that the other girl she left with is Miss Enola Holmes," Owen informed us. "She doesn't have many friends except the Alderidge's daughter, so I've heard." He concluded.

"Wait- If she's friends with Y/N Alderidge... then that must be her-" Matthew spoke up.

"Not necessarily, I've heard Miss Alderidge isn't allowed on this side." Owen interrupted.

"How is it you know everything?" I looked at him.

"We're cousins, but I haven't seen her in seven years," Owen explained. "I overheard her mother say she isn't allowed near where you live. So that possibility is out."

"Maybe one of her other friends?" I asked.

"Could be," Owen shrugged.

Wait, if she knows Enola Holmes, then she might be at the party.

"Matthew, remember how you said the ball could be a distraction? I'm in." I told him.

"Really? What changed?" Matthew asked. Only that the possibility of the prettiest girl in the world might be there. And I'm not willing to pass up that chance.

"Nothing. You're right. I need to get over Melanie." I lied to him. But he was right, this girl is the right person. I feel it. Melanie is no one to me now.

"That's my boy!" Matthew shouted, shaking my shoulders.

Y/N's POV

"Did you find anything?" Enola asked.

"No, I just ran into someone," I told her. But yet, in fact, I did. Little did I know this boy was going to change my life forever.

"Who?" Enola asked.

"Some prick who wouldn't leave me alone," I told her. I immediately realized I should not have said that in public.

"Y/N!"

"Right, I apologize for my atrocious manners." Enola didn't care normally, but if we were in public she enforces it. Only because my mother told her to.

"I'm sure you handled it, right?"

"I did," I told her. I didn't tell her about the boys because she probably would have gone ballistic. I handled it myself but then the boys came and helped, so I wasn't necessarily lying. "Please don't tell my mother anything, she'll be furious." I turned to Enola. She nodded in response.

a/n:
little filler chapter lol
ik, i hate them too