Chapter 04

R18+

{New}

New's laid on his stomach across his bed, feeling a bit sick as he scrolls through his phone to check for any new notifications. He tries not to whine too much about his stomachache, because his mom had told him to limit how much candy he ate on Halloween and he blatantly did not listen.

He hears the constant crackling of candy paper as he lays on his bed, because Alissaya's sat at his desk absolutely devouring all the left over candy from what they had intended to give all the trick-or-treat kids.

"You know, you really shouldn't be eating that much candy," New says, rolling over to look at Alissaya.

She shrugs as she dips her finger into some fun dip.

"My body handles stuff better than yours. You won't find me rolling all over the bed, whimpering like some miserable puppy," she replies.

New narrows his eyes at her as he sits up, subconsciously trying to prove he isn't that sick.

"I'm fairly sure what you've just said doesn't make any sense," New says as he taps through his phone in order to reply to something Tay had texted him.

"Yes, it does," she says matter-of-factly. "I'm more physically fit than you, so my body can recover from things faster."

"Sure," New replies halfheartedly as he scrolls through his phone. He faces Alissaya as an afterthought. "And how do you know I'm not physically fit?"

The way she laughs almost offends New. "I've never even seen you lift a box. But then again, maybe you are physically fit. Maybe you and Tay do a lot of---"

"Stop," New pleads, covering his ears as he winces. "You shouldn't even---think of those kinds of things. You're too young."

"I go to sex ed class," she replies, as though it makes her the most knowledgeable person in the world.

New doesn't hesitate to pick up one of his pillows and throw it at her, smacking her right in the face and causing her to laugh uncontrollably.

Fortunately, the door to his bedroom opens before Alissaya can say anything else about his and Tay's sex life, and his mom's head pops in. Her eyes dart to the bowl of candy on New's desk before settling on New.

"Off's here," she says with a grin, before going over and picking up the bowl off of the desk, causing Alissaya to groan. "He says he's supposed to be tutoring you. Want me to send him up here?"

"Please," New replies as he tries to ignore the proud stares his mother is giving him. He knows she's overflowing with happiness at the fact that New is taking an interest in bettering his grades. Little does she know, this is just a ploy to get free snacks from Off and have someone to talk to when he's bored.

Once she leaves out to go and get Off, New kicks Alissaya out as well, despite the rolling of her eyes.

He gets a text from Tay as he waits for Off to come up.

Tay: thinking about you keeps me motivated. x

New buries his face in his hands, because the boy is so fucking sappy. He's also at basketball practice, so New doesn't even know how Tay is finding ways to text him. The thought of him hiding in a corner or lying about using the bathroom just to send him that sappy shit has New's heart beating out of his chest.

New's still blushing on his bed when Off enters. He has his school bag hung over one shoulder, and he's wearing a fuzzy black shirt and trackies. The tshirt looks really comfortable; New wonders where he got it.