Chapter 14*

{Jumpol}

Off smoothes the side of his pencil over the paper in order to create just the right touch of shade under the eyelids. He's sat at his desk in the corner of his completely dark bedroom, save for the single lamp beaming down on his work area. Where he would usually be doing coursework and studying until his eyes try and close, he's partaking in his absolute favorite pastime; doodling extremely detailed and realistic eyes. Eyes are easily one of his favorite things to draw, because it's not difficult for him, yet so fascinating for anyone that takes a look at it. He does it when he's sad, feeling anxious, or when he just needs to entertain himself for a bit.

He smiles down at his white sheet that has about a dozen eyes scribbled on random areas of it, and he realizes it looks sort of creepy. He loves it.

He allows his body to release tension and his mind to settle as he drags his pencil across paper and thinks about how the end of the semester is approaching, and all he has to do is get through the lengthy exams before he finally gets to rest. Although he's always been one of those who could handle all the stress school throws at him with a smile, he quite enjoys a bit of a break from time to time. The holidays are always something to look forward to, and Off is excited, to be quite honest. Then there's also the whole New Year's event, and then more school, and then graduation, and then...the continuation of life.

Off's not too worried about what will happen after graduation. He knows that he'll keep in touch with his close friends no matter what. He's almost certain he's going to the same uni as Gun if the boy comes to his senses and makes up his mind soon enough, and it's no secret New's choosing to hold hands with Tay and skip towards college with him. Off doesn't mind, however, because that's New's decision, but he hopes the boy knows that he's not going to be forgotten by Off that easily.

The serene bubble of his bedroom is busted when his door flies open, followed by Neen and Ciize filing in loudly. Ciize throws herself on his bed as Neen comes up behind him, draping herself over his shoulders as she curiously stares down at his drawings.

"This is what you've been doing in here all this time?" she asks with a laugh.

Off nods his head, setting his pencil down because he knows he won't get a moment to properly focus any time soon. Ciize hums in the background as she rests on her back and scrolls through her phone.

Neen's hand suddenly reaches out, and her finger points at one of the many eyes drawn on Off's paper.

"What?" Off giggles, after she's been just pointing at it wordlessly for a while.

"Looks like that guy you always bring here," she says.

Off chuckles nervously as he swats her finger away. "An eye looks like a guy I always bring here? That doesn't make any sense."

"Ooh I think I know this one," Ciize says from the bed, causing Off to sigh as she gets up and shuffles on over to his desk. "Yeah that's definitely New's eye," she says matter-of-factly.

"I think I would be aware if I was sketching New's eyes," Off claims as he flips the paper over to the blank side. "And what time do you guys have on your hands to be able to know New's eyes so vividly?"

Neen smiles as she flips the page back over, nearly gawking at a curl of Off's work across the page. "His eyes are so pretty. So brown and dreamy, sometimes with a little lighter---"

Off scoffs before snatching the paper from her. "Okay---"

"They do have a hint of gold, don't they?" Ciize asks no one in particular, before ruffling Off's hair. "No wonder you're so gone over him."