Volunteering

The dragons of Pantala and Pyrrhia have been under the capitols control for a long time. To the point we are now on the 200th hunger games and district 2 is hyped. We well should be, as we get 20 tributes to put in the game so that is 18 more chances to win. Well we usually win anyway because the Silkwings supported the capitol during the attempted revolution and we got good treatment because of that, but we are still a district. 

I was lost in thought walking to the reaping. I was thinking about volunteering to be one of the 20 tributes when the guard that registered the eligible told me "Arm." "Oh ya sorry."  I respond as he pricks my arm. Walking through I was looking for the 17 year old section and noticed that there were dragons that could barely walk to dragons that has survived the revolution in lines to get reaped. What was going on? Then I found the spot I needed to be in just as the reaping started.

Our mayor who I could never remember the name of and our Nightwing capitol representative, Moonshock.  He stepped up to the podium and the whole crowd immediately shut up. "Welcome to the 200th hunger games." he opened and then gave the spiel about why they were important and how they were a punishment ECT. ECT. We have all heard it like 1000 time before but then he said something unexpected.  "As you all know there will be 20 tributes from all 10 districts so there will be 200 tributes in all. But what we didn't tell you was that every dragon from the age of 3-83 will be eligible to fight." An nervous mutter went through the crowd but Moonshock was unfazed and just yelled "Well now for our first name!" he reached his hand into the bowl of names, grabbed one and called out "Will Emperor step forward." I saw an ancient looking dragon step forward and without thinking I yell "I volunteer!"

I was pushed up to the stage and asked "So what's you name?" "Metalmark!" I yell with false  confidence. "Oh boy we have a feisty one." laughed Moonshock. A few more names called and dragons came up some were deadly calm and some were barley standing. It was all a blur for me until the last name was drawn. "Will.. Oh, oh my god. Well we need Snap to come up." The whole crowed gasped as Snap had won 2 hunger games before this. The Skywing-Nightwing hybrid walked up and sat next to me and grumbled "Ugh not again"

Then Moonshock Announced "That is all the tributes thank you for comming and may the odds be ever in your favor." Before some peacekeepers moved us into the rooms where you family could visit.

My only living relatives, My Aunt and Uncle, both came in and were looking horrible "I just want you to know we believe in you." my aunt said

"Ya we want to say goodbye and also tell you that we bet on you comming back." said my Uncle reaching into his bag. "Oh ya we wanted you to have this." He pulled out a copper bracelet.

"Thank you so much. I-I-I love you." I cry while wrapping my wings around them. I was so glad I got my wings before this because if you didn't have wings you were at a major disadvantage and if you went into metamorphosis during the game that is a death sentence. "We love you too." they say in unison

Then the peace keepers usher my Aunt and Uncle out of the room and me onto the train to the capitol.

If you didn't want writers commentary too bad you're going to get it. 

So this chapter was a good start bit short but a good start. I am writing this on a lost bet but we are going to have fun with it. Anyhoo someone gave me a grate character for the next chapter I'll give you a clue about there personality. Bullet by Hollywood undead. If you know you know if not guess you will find out. That's all I have for now have a good one. Cya.