Just trust me

"We should go back to the facility-laboratory thing." I spring the idea on my Sandwing Companions. "I mean we aren't far from it."

"Why?"

"I just have a feeling there is something for us there."

"Alright. You hear that Oryx! Were going back to the cornucopia!"

I see the younger brother, who still had red splotches on him but looked and felt much better, start to race us. We ran for a bit until we got to the lab. "If you want to back out do it now. I wont judge." I give them one last chance but they decline and go in with me.

We walk around the sterile, white, well lighten maze of this facility. "These light make my eyes hurt." I hear Oryx complain. 

"I mean mine do to but do you hear me complaining." I hear Kangaroo respond. They start arguing about something like "You always got the better room!" "Ya well at least I was going try to be a career! Unlike you!" "Well You had your entire life to become one but, nooooo you got to 18 and decided to go into accounting."

That caught my attention "Wait Kangaroo you aged out and then wet into accounting?" I started to laugh.

He sheepishly admitted "Ya I'm 19 years old and when I couldn't get reaped I went into accounting." 

That is when Oryx butted in "Yes but I get reaped and you volunteered!"

"Because you are 15 and I am your older bro. I am always going to protect you!"

"Why!?"

"Because I love you!"

They both angrily turned away from each other and we spent the rest of the walk in an awkward silence. When we finally got to the cornucopia and the place the bloodbath happened I felt a sense of dread but chalked it up to the fact that the beginning of the games happened here and that resulted in 43 deaths.

"So what are we looking for?" Grumbles Kangaroo. 

"Don't know but something." I start picking through the garbage left behind from the bloodbath. 

"Right, if you find something let me know." He throws his claws up and walk away.

Most of this stuff is like broken matches or snapped water bottles and stuff like that. After going through that for 30 odd minutes I find a piece of paper. "What's this?" I murmur under my breath. It looked to be a message.

Listen I don't have much time but You might find this useful. They just breached so good buy and good luck.

Ok that is weird but I do believe it wanted me to go get something. Deciding it was best to not have my path traced I rip up the paper and eat it. Looking in the back of this death trap I  find a fully sealed tube of metal and decided that that was not what he was talking about. I decide to try and look harder but then I hear Oryx scream. 

Throwing down that metal tube, I scamper out of the cornucopia and see a Nightwing and a Mudwing fighting Kangaroo as Oryx scrambles to pick up his dropped crossbow. I rip the glaive off my back and attack the Mudwing as I couldn't bare to fight another Nightwing. Not here not in these halls. 

I looked at the Mudwing as he lifts a riot shield to block my strike. Surprised that someone even got one in the games I don't see his baton coming down and strike my back. I hurt but it didn't leave more than a bruise. I rolled around and saw that the Nightwing had been hit by a crossbow bolt and was actively dodging the tail barbs of my allies.

I turn back and face the Mudwing that I was fighting and slash at him with my glaive. He blocks it but I take the opportunity to shoot silk at his baton and try to snap it in half. I was somewhat successful because I did manage to make him drop it. I took to long to admire my victory because he bashed my in the face with his shield. I was knocked to the ground and felt blood run down my snout.  I stood up and was momentarily disoriented but I did stumble backwards to avoid the Mudwing. As my vision and thought became less blurry I realized that the Mudwing was fighting like a peacekeeper. And while active duty peacekeepers can't get reaped he must be retired because he sure as hell did. But despite his superior training I kept fighting.

And It was a loosing battle. I attacked him again and again and each time I lost ground. He got me with one good push with his shield and I go flying back. I instinctually throw my wings out and land on me feet. He charged me but I rolled out of the way but he anticipated that and wiped his tail out, lashing me across my side. I screamed in pain and felt my breathing and heart rate go up even higher then they already were. I knew I was bleeding from that wound but my adrenalin kept the immediate pain away and I was so thankful for that.

That Is when He jumped on top of me, held me to the ground and started choking me. I started thrashing around to try and escape his grip. I clawed his arm and face but he wouldn't let go at all. I tried to scream for help but no air would escape and that made my lungs burn more than they already did. That Is when a cannon shot went off and I felt the large Mudwing's grip let up and I took in a gasp of air and looked at what happened. My Sandwing saviors had just fell the Nightwing and were now jumping at the Mudwing. I felt his weight fall off me as he parried the attacks from the brothers.

I stood up and immediately felt lightheaded and sick so I puked. When I finished hurling my entire stomach up I felt my adrenalin ware off and all the pain of my injuries wash over me. That caused me to double over and puke again. When I finished emptying out my stomach again I looked at how the siblings were doing.

The answer was not good. They were having trouble getting close, much less landing a blow. I watched them for a few more seconds while trying to regain my balance. When I was finally steady enough to rejoin the battle I saw Oryx get toughen to the ground and as he tried to stand the Mudwing lowered his shield and charged him. That is when Kangaroo jumped in front of him. I saw the shield slam into Kangaroo and he went flying and hit a wall with a dull snap before slumping to the floor. 

"Kangaroo!" I hear Oryx cry right before a canon shot goes off. My brain stands still but my body doesn't.

I grab a screaming, crying, Oryx and dragged him out of the facility while he was screaming something I couldn't understand because my ears were ringing.

I don't know how long I carried him but when I set him down he was just sobbing. And we just sat there, him crying and me just trying to wrap my head around what happened, until the sun went down and the dead were reviled. It was only the Nigthwing from District 9 and Kangaroo from District 1. Instead of causing Oryx to cry again he just looked at me.

"I am sorry." I whisper.

"About what?" He wipes his tears.

"Well I got your brother killed for nothing."

"No you did not. You gave us an out and nether of us took it." He looked away from me now and started staring at the stars. "I don't blame you."

"But-"

"I don't blame you and I don't think he would either. We both knew the risks." He was now crying again.

"But I feel that I should leave. I am sorry that this had to end this this way but I think it is for the best." He stood up and grabbed his bag.

"Pleas don't leave me." I started to cry now.

"Look I forgive you for what happened. I am going to go. Its just what should happen. I will never attack you. I promise! Who knows maybe something unexpected will happen." He laughed at that last statement. "Well it was nice while it was still going. Metalmark, look at me!" I do as he asks and see the sorrow in his eyes. "I am truly sorry but this is how it has to be. Good buy and good luck. May the odds be ever in your favor." 

And he walks away and I just sit there in a ball crying my eyes out like a child. 

Damn that was a heavy chapter. Like hard to write heavy. I know you might be upset (cus I sure as hell am) but I have a plan and this had to happen. Now quick heads up my update schedule will be wonky for a few weeks cus school starts soon. Now The next chapter will also be Metalmark because this was supposed to be longer but the tone change just wouldn't work as one chapter so if you don't love that sorry. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Now Imma head out and question what I just did. goodnight and cya.