And now there are 4 of us

I was eavesdropping on the main 6 Careers because while Dorylinae and I are part of the careers, technically, we are "low ranking" ones. Whatever the hell that means. Then I heard the biggest one shout "We are getting no where and now we are wasting time! So we are going to discuss what to do about the days getting shorter!" The ferocity made my scales go gray before I quickly when back to matching the white walls. Then the main girl Walked over to him "Skyward. Listen this is a death game and the big quarter quell so they want entertainment."

"You are right and what should we do to entertain the audiences?" Chimes in an Icewing from district 8.

That is when the smallest and youngest of the main careers speaks up. "Well we can have a fight."

"Well this is a house of wolves and we are the alphas. And what do alphas do? Get rid of the weak!" Says the Nightwing. And I thought I could be cringe sometimes but that is a new low.

"So I agree with the killing someone, but who? That is the question." Says the other Icewing. 

"I think we should kill the weird Rainwing and her capitol boyfriend." I allmost went bright pink with rage when I heard Skyward say that. First off he is not my boyfriend because I am planning to never commit to anyone. Second I needed to plan what to do. 

I could sneak attack them right now. Venom one and stab the other with my wicked 16 inch knife jerry-rigged to a pole but I would need to grab that first and even if I got the jump and took 2 down I would still have four experienced, trained, and trigger happy dragons to contend with and that is no bueno.  I decided the best thing to do would be to get Dorylinae and talk it through with him. Man I do really sound like I like him.

I walked through the maze of hallways this facility is to where me and Dorylinae are camping out. I walked it and must have looked shaken because Dorylinae immediately said "Poaceae? have you like seen a ghost or the like cus you Shure look like one. Everything alight?"  

I took a shaky breath "I need you to go for a fly with me. There is something I need to tell you."

He stood up "But what if we are seen?"

"Look I just need you to go for a fly. Please. I Just need to go outside." I pleaded 

"OK, I'm comming lets go. If you need this I will do it."

"Thanks."

We made our way to the nearest exit. When we got there I walked into a dragon. I jumped back and pulled out my makeshift spear and I saw out of the corner of my eye Dorylinae grab his sickle.  And the blood red Skywing I walked into grabbed his snout and muttered "Ow." Then he looked up at as and panicked "Wait! Wait! Wait! Stop! I want to work with you." I jab my spear towards him and he yells "STOP! PLEAS! THE CARRERS ARE GOING TO KILL ME BUT I THOUGHT YOU TWO WOULD HEAR ME OUT!"

I turned to Dorylinae with a look that read "Keep or kill." Then he said "I know you! You were the guy that threw milk at me!" that made the Skywing go even redder than he already was. "Sorry bout that but can you pleas just set that aside for now." 

That is when I but in to there lovely banter "Ok why should we help you? Like what do you have to offer?" 

Then he genuinely smiles "Well my dad and mom are some of the few doctors in district 10 so I know a few things about medicine and wound care. And I do in fact think that would be useful to you." 

That is when I conceded "Ya know what fine come flying with us." 

"Iron."

"Wha?"

"That is my name, Iron."

"Weird way to tell us but thanks."

Then we took off and I felt the wind rushing around me and felt immediately rejuvenated. I do some loops, twists, and spins before Dorylinae interrupts my bliss by saying "So what was that you were going to tell us." 

"Oh yes. I do believe the six main careers are going to kills us and now Iron is on that list!"

"I already was but now I'm just with you." Iron corrects me.

"Ok fine but whatever. May I continue?" Both the boys agreed "Well I think we should raid there supplies and then dip. Take what we can destroy the rest." 

"Got it." "Understandable I'm in" the boys say. That is when Iron goes into a dive and I hear Dorylinae mutter "the hell" before following him. I decided to join them.

We landed near a Mudwing who looked more amused then scarred about the fact 3 dragons just landed around him.

"Who are you!" I demand while poking him with my spear.

"Well I am Shale and if you kill me you will be given me what I want." I was taken about what he just said but Iron looked unfazed and just replied "Oh you are that weird Mudwing that wants to die!"

"Yep!"

That is when Iron turns to me an smirks "I have an idea." then he leans is and whispers to me "Well what if he got us the supplies and destroys them because if he gets caught then we don't loose anything and he gets what he wants." Then Dorylinae leans in with "Prefect I'll tell him." then he turns away and tells Shale what I said. The Mudwings face brightens and he yells "Well lets go."

We get back to the facility around nightfall and on the way back we heard two cannon shots that makes 47 deaths in three days. That is when the Capitol anthem starts playing and I see the 2 dragons who died were a Skywing from 10 and one of my own from 7. Ouch. "That makes only 6 district 10 dragons if we include Dorylinae in that count for whos left to represent 10." Sighs Iron but then he walks into the facility and we lead him and Shale to where we are staying and we send Shale off with a list of things to get.

I fell asleep at some point because I woke to Iron shaking me and yelling that he sees shale coming back. I sit up as shale scrambles in out of breath yelling "We have to go now! Something is happening!"

Boom Cliffhanger and my authors commentary just ruined. Now anyhow I like this chapter. Yes there was a lot of talking but I think that is fun sometimes to wright and also I can work with the characters more. Like Shale because I lowkey forgot that he existed until last night anyway I like talking sometimes cus, ya know you can develop them or add a new one like Iron. Actually Iron is a funny story. He is from an assignment in 4th grade where you and 2-3 other kids got in a group and we had to wright a story based off our favorite series and my group chose Wings of Fire and Iron was my guy and he was a medic in the Skywing army. Don't remember the plot at all just remember Iron cus he was the first (GOOD) OC for anything I have made. So I used him. Anyway that is enough backstory about me so imma head out have a good one!