Why am I not surprised

I was following a pair of dragons. Why? Because they may be good allies or good supply caches. Depends. After following them I heard the Capitols anthem blare and witnessed the faces of the fallen in the sky. There were four from district one, three from district two, eight from district three,  surprisingly only one death from both district four and five, district six had seven fall, district seven lost three just like district eight, district nine lost none in some miracle, and district ten lost thirteen dragons. Ho gee that's a lot of dead dragons! Almost all of the games I have been in combined! That is when another cannon shot marking a new death!

I decided to take supplies from the dragons I'm tracking and then just dipping. "Wait for nightfall." I tell myself "Darkness is the key to winning this." 

I wait for a few hours where in that time the dragons I was (admittedly now) stalking set up camp in a quiet clearing in this burnt forest we are in. Witch by the way is by far the worst arena I have been in. I mean my first one was a beach and my second was a cliff but at least they had cover and I don't trust that facility.

Then finally night falls and I make my move. I slither into there camp and see a pile of supplies but there as no way to tell what was good and what was garbage. That is when I heard a voice call "Hoy Stop it!" And I turn around and see a child, that I think is about 8ish, that is struggling to hold a sword at my chest.  "Hay, hay, woah, woah, woah, carful where you point that buddy!" I stutter yell. That is when I heard someone clear their throat and I whip around and see the biggest dragon I have ever seen.

He was a Seawing/Icewing hybrid and about 26 to 27 feet long and he was about 20 odd feet tall and from what I can tell, other than a tattoo and some implanted jewels over his right eye, he had no body mods. And he was so imposing that I, a two time victor of the games, took a step back. He sized me up and down, reaches into his pack and pulls out...Beef jerky? "Here have this. We 'ave plenty don't worry 'bout it." Then he turns to the kid "And Otariinae pleas put down the sword, I think its scarring 'em." Well he got that right. Then he pushes the jerky back at my and to be polite I take it.

"How do I know its not poisoned?" I say while sniffing it.

"Well for one I 'ad it on me so I was intending to eat it, and two we don't have any poison. You can check our stuff, but I think you were doin that already." That is when I noticed his slight Icewing accent worked in with the common district 4 way of speech and I have to admit it is somewhat cute. "Oyh ya I'm Pinnipedia, thought you might like to know!" Then he leans in close and whispers "But for some people call me Distorted because my district doesn't like  hybrids like me and you."

Then the kid pipes up "Oy man that be stealing our stuff: what is yo name." With Pinnipedia its cute for the kid its just annoying. Ah well can't win 'em all. Oh god its rubbing off on me, send help.

But anyway I turn to the kid "I am Snap. Victor of the 173 and 175 hunger games." I say while puffing out my chest to look bigger. Hard to do next to Pinnipedia although.

Speaking of Pinnipedia when I say that his face brightens "You 'ave done a quarter quell before you can 'elp us!"

"Uhh no I don't really want to." I try and say but my words are drowned out by  of Pinnipedia and Otariinae sinning "We got a victor on our side. Ya, Ya, Ya, And he is working with us."

"Hay are you guys in a band? Because you are both good singers." I shout. Then Pinnipedia whips around and says "Why yes I am. I'm the lead singer but the kid isn't."  I think he was about to say something else but then the all too familiar Capitol anthem started to play marking an announcement.

I was expecting the head game maker but instead I heard President Turn come on and announce "I think the head game maker is being soft on you, so I took temporary control but don't worry he is still around....For now!" That pause before the  "for now" says so much but she continues "So I have decided to add an ocean in the corner of the playing field!" I hear a rumbling in the distance and one cannon shot marking the end for the poor dragon caught there. "Oh well to bad for them." Reacts the President before going on "Also I have decided that from now on days will get shorter by half an hour each day. So the nights will get longer. That is all, Tata!"

Pinnipedia, Otariinae, and I all look at each other had have a wordless conversation. This is bad because the nights are cold and dark. You either risk the occasional fire and might be snuck up on or start freezing to death, Minus those damn Icewings but even they will eventually start having problems. Mainly food will start dissipating and that is clearly bad for all of us. 

That is when I turn to the Seawings, I'm going to call them that as that because they both are from 4, and say "You get some sleep. I will take first watch and I will not kill you."

Yawning they say "You better not kill us!" "If you do that I'll be mad!" Then they curl up and go to sleep while I dig in for this roller coaster of a ride for a game.

Yall sorry for not much happening in this chapter or it being a little subpar but its hard to write on a plane, especially when you're tall. That's right I made this on a flight back to home from So-cal. Posting this at home though. Had fun went surfing, Snorkeling with sealions and seals. (Whomst are the names for the 2 Seawings sealions are the kid and seals the hybrid), and saw family there. Now. Three things before I go. One I will be incommunicado for a week after posting this because I'm going camping. Now on to two, The Icewing accent is a mix of Aussi, Irish, and the way of talking in District 4 is a bit like Sothern U.S. Meets British English. Now I forgot to say it last time but ladies, gentlemen, and everyone in between, Please, place your bets on who will win! Now I'm going to go cus I'm tired. Cya have a good one.