Wow, its a parade

If I had it my way this whole place would be burned to the ground. 

But no instead I had to put up with whiny capitol dragons and I have to wear this stupid dress.  I looked up at the giant screen projecting us and I looked deathly calm. Good, that is what I want. If this is a show I'll give a good performance. Mabey screw over the capitol as I do.  

Some of the chariots in front of us had dragons doing something to stand out. One flipped off the crowed, another was dancing. Ok, weird but effective. Then some guy seemed to be just bashing his head agents the chariot wall but nothing happed. The hell? although that gave me an idea.

Waiting for the prefect opportunity. Wait for it. Now! the cams fell on me and I lunged to my left and pushed the dragon next to me "Hey!" He yelled. Ignoring him I slash at the wheels and manage to loosen one. The chariot swerved and the three other dragons on my cart almost fell off and the crowd went wild. Just what I needed! That is when the dragon that commanded the peace keepers hit a button and suddenly there was a field between me and the wheel and the horses corrected our path. 

When we rolled into the end of the path the president stood up to give a speech. President Tern started with "Thank you all for coming and thank you tributes for your bravery and valiant sacrifice!" That's a load of crap but she continues "Those that were chosen or volunteered are indeed some of the finest yet! But because this is the 200th Hunger Games and the 8th quarter quell we wanted to add one more twist, and that is we will allow capitol citizens to volunteer in place of tributes!" A gasp of shock went through the crowd. Well this should be good. "Any volunteers?!" Called the president.

 "I Do! I Volunteer!" A young and slightly annoying looking Hivewing called with a look of smugness but also fear on his face. He just got himself killed. 

"And what is your name and who do you volunteer for!" Cheers the President 

"I am Dorylinae and I wish to volunteer for a district 10 dragon!" He bellows. Bad move kid, bad move because you will now be treated like a district 10 dragon.  

"Well, well we can accommodate that wish. Guards take that dragon to cart three and see who he wants to take the place of." The President announces with a smile. "Any Other volunteers!" Silence. As expected because all capitol citizens but Dorylinae are wimps. Sighing the President ended with "Well, ah I would like to thank you all for comming and may the odds be ever in your favor." Applause from the crowd was what we heard as we went to our hotel.

Being form district 7 I am going to the 7th floor. When I got into the elevator and went to close the door I heard "Wait hold the door." And a Rainwing walked in. "Floor 7 pleas." he panted. "Well your in luck because that is where I'm heading right now" I smile.

Even without looking at him very closely he shows signs of drug abuse and addiction. "I'm Poaceae." I tell him. He just looked at me clearly out of it. "Well good chat." I close.

After a little while in the elevator he suddenly shook his head and cried "Where am I, Why am I in an elevator? Oh oh god I'm in the games! Oh man, oh lord I am going to die! God help!" And then he just fell to the floor crying. I was speechless and just sat there staring at him for a few minutes.  Then the elevator dinged announcing that we had just reached our level and the guy on the floor suddenly stood up and walked away like nothing happened. Then he walked into a pillar and started arguing with it so he is definitely high again.

That is when an Avoxx came up to me and showed me the way to my room. After I thank them I open the door and there stands the head game maker and some peace keepers. He strides over to me and sneers "Well nice little stunt you pulled there in the parade." 

"Thanks."  I retort sarcastically. That pissed him off. That is when he signals his guards and they come restrain me. Getting very close to me he growls with poison in his voice "You know you are very pretty so I can see why the capitol dragons like you. It would be a shame if we had to cut out that tongue of yours after that incident. So I will make you a deal I will not cut out your tongue and you will not do anything like that again. Deal?" I nod in agreement. "Drop her!" He orders the guards.  I crumple to the ground and roll into the fetal position. "Not much of a tribute." Laughs one of the guards. "I recommend you get some sleep. Tomorrow is a big day!" The head game maker advices as he leaves.

I sit up still shaking hard from what just happened. Oh god that was rough. Then I crawl to the bathroom and puke. After that I clean up and get into my bed and try to fall asleep.

First this has to be my favorite chapter by far. Next sorry for taking forever to update. Its just the end of the school year is crazy, ya know? Band concerts, reward things, and the like. I also lost power for 3 days and that slowed me down too. but anyway on to my commentary. So the twist about capitol people volunteering was something I came up with in the middle of writing this but I like it. Just so you know the dragons names are scientific names for things in this chapter (Minus the president)so Dorylinae is named after a type of army ant and Poaceae is named after a grainy type of flowering grass (according to google) but that's about it for this chapter. So, uh, cya I guess.