Well look at that, Something unexpected did happen

I must have fallen asleep at some point because I woke in a pool of my tears and blood with the sun was rising. I sat up to clear my eyes and immediately felt the pain of yesterday hit me full force so I started to tear up again. After fighting back tears for a hot minute I decide that the day is short and I might as well move as I wallow in self pity. I grab my stuff and take some shaky steps forward, because the areas that I had gotten injured were stiff, before gaining my balance and start my long trudge.

I had now walked for hours and had still not outwalked my emotions. Damn.  One can try but it wont work.  After midday passed I decided to sit down and think about what I should do next now that I'm my own. 

That answer wouldn't come. That was until my water got snagged on a string on my bag and I lost it. I mean I let my language fly! I think that the TV censors will have a filed trip! After saying every curse under the sun and then some I just broke down into tears again! 

"Hey, hey! You ok? You moved for like 30 minutes. I wasn't sure you were breathing." I jumped up and raked my claws at the speaker!  She dogged and slapped my talons away with a surprised sequel and "WOH! I WAS JUST MAKEING SURE YOU WEREN'T DEAD!"

"You know what! I wish I was!" I respond. She looked taken aback. My vision cleared of the rage and sleep spots, I was shocked to see my "attacker" was a fellow Silkwing about three-ish years younger then me. She must have not gotten as many supplies as me because she looked like she had lost weight but not enough to be in trouble.

"That is a horrid outlook for winning." She looked at me with sympathy "If you want to talk about it, I am here." Her scales being a deep lavender and peach made it hard to stop my self from emptying all my emotions onto her.

To solve that issue I looked away, turned up my snout, and retorted "No!" I grab my bags and start to walk away "I wont talk about it! And I want you gone!" I start to walk back to that facility in so I could try and see what that note was talking about.

"Are you absolutely certain that you don't my help?" She was following me now.

Gritting my teeth "Yes!"

She grabs my bag "At least have the respect to look in my eyes and tell me to leave!"

Doing as she wishes I whip my head around to stare her down and shout "---- OFF! There I gave you what you want will you now leave!"

"Nope!" She smiles. I mutter another curse at her but that seems to make her even more fervent to follow me.

We had been walking in silence for a bit, well I was skulking and she was trotting, when I she observed "If you are going to where the cornucopia is. Don't. There were two ex-peacekeepers there after the careers vacated. One of them is dead, killed a cupule of nights ago, the other is still deadly."

I knew that she had no way of knowing but that still made me unreasonably angry. "WILL YOU SHUT UP ABOUT THEM! I KNOW THE NIGHTWING IS DEAD CUS MY FRIEND KILLED HIM!" I was now facing her "I TRIED TO FIGHT THAT MUDWING! I KNOW IT DIDN'T END WELL!"

She now looks upset and shrinks away from my gaze "Can you stop yelling me. I know you were surprised the first time but now you have no reason to." Here voice was now shrinking too.

"I'm sorry. I very much am." I sit down with a sigh. "But me and two Sandwing allies from district one went into the facility and ran into them. Well we, naturally, got into a fight. And I stood my own against that Mudwing and they took down that Nightwing. Well I almost got killed until they." My emotions were rising and I took in a shaky breath to steady myself before continuing Well they stepped in and the older brother died. The younger one, understandably, left me."

"Oh." She whispers. "But if that happened, why do you want to go back?"

"Well, I left something there."

"Was it important?"

"That's the problem. I don't know!" 

"Ok. Well if you insist on going back. We need a plan." I look at her and feel my determination solidify.

She was drawing on the ground with her talons when I noticed a glow red glow from her wrists. I reached out and grabbed one to her protesting.

I just stared in amazement "Your a flamesilk?"

"SHHHHHHH!" She pulls here wrist away and hushes me.

I lean in and whisper "How did you keep that secret from the capitol!?"

"Well, as you can tell my peach scales hide it pretty damn well. And I just never use my silk."

"Well that works." I nod. Then I realized that I could still feel the regret of what happened the other day but she had successfully taken my mind off of it. And for that I was thankful.

She seemed to have read something about me, the way I was holding my self, I don't know what it was but she did notice it because she leaned in beaming from ear to ear "Well I can see that you no longer want me gone. That is nice to not be working with someone that doesn't wat to see me."

"Well its hard to miss you, unless the arena was in a permanent sunset!" I tap her chest.

Suddenly she turned to me "Hey. I may have forgot to ask your name. We have been here for hours and still have no idea what to call each other. I'm Papillon. You?" 

"Metalmark. Nice to meet you Papillon." I reach out my claw and she shakes it with "Nice to officially meet you Metalmark. Now lets get down to business."

I AM SO SORRY THAT I TOOK FOREVER TO UPDATE! I AM TRULY AM! Although I haven't just been sleeping on this if that means anything. I had school start up recently and I started a new project on Quotev. (If you want to check it out its called Ungiving by A radioactive toaster) Also marching band has been eating at my time and soul. Good news about that though. We look very good and are poised to go far in the competitions and the state tournament and I am very proud of that. Another thing I am proud of is this chapter. I re-wrote it a few times because sometimes it was way to upbeat and other times it felt like nothing changed but this attempt hit exactly what I want. And the ending is clean. I have some ideas for what happens next, lets hope there as cool as I want them to be. Personally, I think they will because I have become much more confidant in my writing. YAAAAAA! The new silkwing has a French name because I am starting to learn French. ANOTHER YAAAAAA! I am now starting to become bilingual. In all seriousness I hope you all are doing well. As you can tell I have a lot to say and no way to organize it. Well before my brain explodes I am going to leave with a promise. I will update semi-consistently again. Now Imma head out so cya.