Now this is just overkill

"I 'an smell the ocean, its not far!" Pinnipedia my hybrid "friend" up ahead called. 

"Thanks!" The young Seawing next to me yelled back. 

I wish I could leave them but Pinnipedia does genuinely scare me. He may be a singer and not a fighter but he is massive and that eight year old, Otariinae, would be horrid to kill because the audience doesn't like it as much when people kill young children. 

"How the hell do you smell it!?" I ask Pinnipedia. He turns around and taps his nose "Good sense of smell!" 

"But Sandwings usually have one of the best senses of smell!"

"It 'robably is to compensate for my lack of taste and my monochromacy." 

"Still does not make sense but, whatever!"

After walking and arguing about how senses, genetics, and mutations work and probably confusing Otariinae to space and back I could finally smell the watery and salt saturated smell of the ocean. I have only seen the ocean on my victory tours stops in district 4 and I hated the smell of it. The fishy undertone and the salt burning my nostrils and the constant, miserably hot, humidity.  But my Seawing "allies" got noticeably more happy.

"The only time I have seen the ocean is when I have visited your district." I try and start a conversation.

"Cool. 'ave you ever gone swimming in it?" Pinnipedia abruptly questions

"No. And I don't particularly want to."

"Why not?" 

"You scared?!" pushes in Otarinae

"What, are you saying, no I am not scared ." I stutter

"Then why did you 'ay it like that?"

"I don't Like the ocean! Ok!" They both looked taken aback by that.

"Are you jokin?"

"No way! That is just impossible! 

 "Both times I visited your district I hated it because of the ocean!"

"Your stupid. I 'ope you know that." I step up to the young tribute and threaten him and shift my pack to grab my knife "You know if you hybrid friend wasn't here you would have your face in the sky tonight. Understand." 

He looked like he had seen a ghost "O-o-o-o-ohkay."

"Good."

While walking in now awkward silence for a bit we finally got to the bank of the ocean. "There is no smell of fish just salt and water." I observe.

"That's not normal." Responds Pinnipedia "But now you 'ave to go swimming."

"Why?"

"Because you 'ave never swam in the ocean."

"And?"

"It is what you need."

"But the suppli-Ahh! **** that's cold" I shout as I am now floating in a body of water because the friggin hybrid pushed me into the practically frozen body of liquid pain.

"Hey don't say that there are kids here!" He looks down over the small drop "Don't worry about the supplies! The stuff you have is non essential! The important stuff on my back!"

"Well I cant get out of the water here and I, Unlike you two, am not designed to be able to fly out of the water!" 

"Well from what we can 'ell there is a beach not far from 'ere." They start walking away and the young boy teases me "Well you can swim right?" 

"Yes I can." I grunt

"Then Swim!" And he runs off while laughing. 

I start "swimming" in the direction that they headed. Yes I can swim but I always have in warmer water and this cold water made my lungs constrict so I couldn't breath and my limbs were like  stiff boards so I had trouble moving them and swimming with them was right out! By the time I half flowered half drowned to the beach they were at I couldn't feel my arms and legs. I crawled onto the beach and Immediately breathed fire twards my hind legs. 

"Oh wow you good?!"

"What does it **** look like!?" I try and shout but my lugs still hurt

"Don't swear 'round the kid!" He covers Otarinae's ears

"Oh. I get it! I'm dying of hypothermia and that is what you are worried about!"

"Well I 'ave the freezing death breath but that won't 'elp you warm up. So what do you, Mr. I-am-the-most-important-thing-right-now, want me to do." I could tell he was getting annoyed with me. 

"Well get some logs I can start a fire!"

"Fine!"

He got some logs and I used my fire breath to light it. We sat in silence for a bit and I started shivering again marking that I was getting warmer. "Ok so how does food look?" 

"Good."

"Water?"

"Good."

We just sat there in silence for a bit longer and I felt my self start to breath easer in thought and then. IT STARTED TO SNOW! I almost died of hypothermia once today! Is that not enough! 

"They have to be joking!" Otarinae says.

"Yep they do!" I agree.

All three of us commiserated about the weather and we were stuck in our own world so much that we didn't notice someone stealing our stuff until I got up to grab some food. "Hey!" I shout at the Leafwing steeling our stuff. 

She darts wards me and I don't have my knife on me and I am still freezing and stiff as a board. I Get into a stance and jump up to meet her. I grabbed her slash with one hand and held the other away from my face. I flip her over and slash her side but she pops up immediately and slashes at my face and I feel the sharp ripping of my scales marking that she hit her mark. I go in for another strike but I am clearly not cut out for this right now because she flips me over and slams me into the now frozen ground and the world goes blurry for a second before I see her claw comming down over me! I brace for the impact but Instead I hear a roar and see Pinnipedia throw her into the water.

I can tell she went into shock the moment she hit the water because she freezes almost instantly. I see the massive hybrid run over to the blood stained water and push her head down and I see her thrashing around and fruitlessly clawing at him before he jerks his hand to the left and she stopes moving. I assume he broke her neck and killed her instantly.  A cannon shot confirmed my theory. I see him walk over to me and inspect me before muttering "Don't fall asleep you probably have a concussion." He props me up and I almost loose consensus but he starts talking and it doesn't make sense but I think it is to both keep me awake and to keep his mind of the fact that he just killed. I talked back even though I have no idea what I'm saying and we keep this up even while the snow gets stronger and the Capitol retrieves the body. Then the night falls.

Yes I did it! I made Snap a bit of a poop but not a complete jerk. I mean his character has changed 4 times. He was at first a cocky turd, then a calm and cool mentor, then an emotional wreck, and now this. Making him the most revised character in this book. Now the line about shivering meaning he got warmer is true. When you get too cold you can stop shivering and if you get a concussion it is best not to fall asleep and talking is a good way to combat that. Also I do not hate the ocean I do not live near one. The biggest natural body's of water where I am from are "Lakes" (Gloryfied ponds.) Now I do get snow and I do love skiing and snow sports. Anyhoo that is all and I'm out. Have a good one. That has been Crocko with first aid facts.