012: Falling in love

I don't know what my heart wants...

━━━━━━━━

It was mid-spring when Wooyoung first met Seonghwa. It's a memory that one could never forget.

As every child, everything fascinated him. The world was freshly new to experience and with curious eyes, Wooyoung did everything in his willpower to achieve that.

He even went against his parents always nagging him to stay away from things that would get him in trouble. With all of the warnings, Wooyoung learnt to never listen to them.

Wooyoung's parents were very hard-working people. Essentially, they were never home on most days. That lead to Wooyoung adventuring out on his own.

Wooyoung would casually greet everyone he'd encounter. If he wasn't, he could be found in the forest, partially near a meadow.

The tree leaves were falling as he would dance or try to grab them to save them as a souvenir. He always wanted to show his parents his special place but never got the chance to.

Until one day, Wooyoung saw a small boy crying on the ground. Wooyoung felt his energetic energy fall as the boy held himself as if he was cold.

He wondered why he looked so sad. He went up to him. The boy didn't notice his presence until he spoke a word. "Why are you crying?"

The boy lifted his head, wiping his tears. "I-I wasn't." He admits.

"Sure, sure," Wooyoung says, waving his hand. "I'm Wooyoung, this is my favourite spot. I don't mind sharing it with you."

"Seonghwa...What's special about it?" Seonghwa asks, talking a look around.

"Well." Wooyoung leads. "Take a look for yourself."

Seonghwa scans his surroundings. "I don't see anything special?"

"You dummy!" Wooyoung yells, taking a seat right infront of him. "It's not special to you unless you want it to be."

Seonghwa blinks at his outburst. "How can I do that?"

"For starters, you could make it special by making it a memory to look back on," Wooyoung explains.

"How about meeting you?"

"Meeting me?"

"Yeah. I don't have anyone special in my life or a certain place." Seonghwa goes on. "So, it can be you."

"I'm your special person starting today!" Wooyoung excitedly says. He didn't want to intrude by asking why Seonghwa didn't have anyone special in his life.

Seonghwa smiles, "I guess you are."

Wooyoung wouldn't have second-guessed that their special place would be their first date.