Chapter 03: Loyal Knight

Miyagi Prefecture Tournament Volleyball Competition

HARUTO LOOKED DOWN TO THE COURT FROM the stands as a whistle was called. His heart dropped as Kageyama was being switched out.

"Damn, that really sucks. But I guess it was probably the best thing, no one's able to keep up with his sets." Haruto hears Tanaka say from behind him.

He couldn't hear Suga or Daichi responses, his mind was just racing with thoughts of what Kageyama was feeling.

'He's changed his play style.. but I guess that's what happens when you become an official setter and the pressure on you to send good sets..'

As soon as the tournament was over, he started to go on his own.

"Hey! Haruto! Where are you going?" Tanaka yelled for him and the two soon to be 3rd years stopped as well.

"Ah. You guys go on without me, I wanna meet an underclassman of mine!"

"Alright, get home safe!" Daichi said as they started to walk away. Haruto gave a nod and started to look for Kageyama.

He turned the corner outside seeing Kageyama walk away from an orange haired kid.

'Oh the kid with the incredible jump! That's so freaking cool.' he says to himself as he watches from the background. As soon as he sees Kageyama start to walk away, he makes his way to him.

"Tobio!"

He flinched and slowly turned around, as well as some of the other teammates.

"Wow Yachi-Senpai, what are you doing here?" Kindaichi spoke, looking confused. Haruto smiled and brushed his shoulder on Kageyama's own. Kageyama blushed.

"What? Can't come watch my underclassmen's tournaments?" Haruto said with a chuckle, he put his hand on his heart as if he was hurt. They laughed and still admired their Aphrodite.

"It's good to see you again Yachi. How's Karasuno treating you?" Coach Amada asked.

"Ah, coach Ukai is really what they say he is. Hardly gives us a break." He let out a breathy laugh.

"You guys did great today! It was exciting watching the games!" They all smiled at him.

"Thank you, senpai!"

Haruto let out a chuckle. "Well I gotta get going now, I got tournaments coming up too."

"Ah well I hope you keep your promise of going to National's, Yachi" The coach said with a low chuckle and continued to walk to their bus.

"Ayo coach! You don't mind if I take Tobio, give me a minute?" Haruto says while holding Kageyama at the end of his jacket.

"As long as you take care of him Yachi, I don't mind at all"

Haruto gave a smile and turned back to Kageyama. As the two boys too started to walk away from the rest of the team he could hear little snickers and remarks.

"Always the king's loyal knight in shining armour saving him."

Haruto turned to glare at the team's remark. He knew Tobio hated the stupid nickname his teammates gave him.

"I said..don't call him that." He gave them a death glare, making them sweat and look away.

Actually they are just jealous of Kageyama. They know that there is something going on between them and they are literally jealous. Why does their aphrodite go to the King?

What does he see on Kageyama?

They huffed in jealousy.

'Our aphrodite...how dare you Kageyama.' they all thought.

Haruto let out a sigh and looked towards Tobio. He knew he was feeling like a complete loser right now. He slowly took out a small yoghurt that he got from the vending machine early. He held it in front of the taller boy.

(Kageyama is a little taller compared to our Haruto.)

"Here, I hope this can make you feel a little better."

He gave Haruto a soft smile, even though it's not really anything much he deeply appreciated the gesture. Haruto grabbed his free hand and continued to drag him down the street.

"Come on! Toka's making pork curries tonight!"

Kageyama chuckled and looked at their hand, he smiled and looked at the boy in front of him. He feels so much love, and not alone when he needs comfort or he is hurt.

'Haru...I'll make you happy.'

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

Beep! Beep! Be–

HARUTO SIT UP AND TAP THE SNOOZE BUTTON OF HIS ALARM, and pulled the covers over his head hiding himself from the sunlight.

"Haruto!! You're going to be late for school! Hitoka is already ready and waiting for you!"

The boy groaned as he pulled the blankets off of himself and started his daily routine to get ready for school.

'Huh now that I think about it, Tobio never told me what school we were officially going to. I wonder where....Ahh I miss him already.'