Chapter 21: Setter

"WHERE WERE YOU?!?"

It was currently Saturday morning, Haruto had come back home for a spare change of clothes for morning practice later on. However he was stopped at the door by his one and only younger sister.

"Sorry sorry Toka! I forgot to text you last night."

Their mom was currently on a small business trip, so Hitoka being left alone without any warning from her brother gave the girl's anxiety an extreme rise.

"I was with Tobio, I'm fine Toka please stop shaking me."

The girl stopped her actions but still gripped tightly into the hoodie he wore. "Sorry sorry!"

After catching her breath she finally let go of the boy.

"So how was golden week? Didn't you say something about going against another school?" She asked as she helped the boy settle down in the apartment.

"It was great! Go some good blocks against that one mohawk guy." He chuckled as she recalled Yamamoto's face whenever he was blocked.

"Although I didn't get a lot of sets tossed to me though." He said as he placed his bag in his room. Recalling that he must have only gotten at least 3 sets to him. The most receiving them being Hinata, Tanaka, and Asahi.

A small frown appeared on his face which he quickly changed into a small smile.

"But I mean I'm not that good at spiking so I guess that makes sense." He let out a sad chuckle.

Suck so much that Tobio hardly gave me any of his sets. Do I really suck that much? No no c'mon we agreed to stop thinking like that, I probably didn't have any openings.

Yeah that good be it. Right?..

"Hey come on don't say that! I'm sure you're great at spiking!" Hitoka popped in, in an attempt to give her brother a confidence boost.

"Heh thanks Toka. Hey we have a practice today, wanna come and check it out? I'm sure the guys wouldn't mind."

"Oh no no." the blond said with her hand waving frantically. "I wouldn't want to intrude! Besides I have to put some last minute touches on a project."

"Tsk nerd!" Haritp called out as he picked out a shirt and shorts from his drawers. Quickly feeling a painful jab on his side of his stomach.

"Whatever." She laughed out loud.

Haruto fell to the floor letting out a pained groan. Hitoka started to freak out, kneeling down and apologizing a million times..

"Hitoka... How could you betray me like this." Haruto dramatically places his arm over his eyes. This blond face switch from worry to a 'you fucking serious' one. She sided and jabbed him in the stomach once again.