Chapter 08: Arrangement

"THERE IS ONE CONDITION THOUGH." Takeda held up the sheet of paper up to his vision.

"Kageyama has to be the setter for the whole game, and Yachi has to be there for the whole game as well." The messy highlighted boy 'tsk' as he gave a childish pout.

"What the hell?" Tanaka said, coming up to the crowd with a pissed face.

"They're only playing us cause they're out for Kageyama or something? And what's the whole deal with Haruto having to play the whole time too?!"

"Ryu, calm down. It's just a practice match. Suga's still Karasuno's official setter so we don't really need to worry about that." Haruto came up smacking the bald second year in the head.

"Right, Suga?" The boy flashed a smile towards the third year.

"Yeah"

"How the hell do you even know one of their players names?" Tanaka said, rubbing his head, still holding onto his pissed expression.

"I'm kinda acquainted with their Captain? Plus me and Tobio went to the same middle school as him."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

"SO YOU STILL TALK TO OIKAWA?" Kageyama asked as he ate the last bit of his meatbun while the couple walked to his home.

"Eh, kinda. Honestly, Tooru's the one who always reaches out to me so." Haruto trailed off as he took the last big bite of his meat bun. Kageyama only nodded at the response.

Haruto looked over at the setter and wiggled his eyebrows

"Why?~ Are you jealous or something Tobio~" the boy teased.

The ravenette's face turned many shades of red

"WHAT– NO!" he yelled as he tried to hit his partner, obviously failing as Haruto dodged it. Haruto let out a giggle as he kissed Kageyama cheek, only making his blush worse.

"Don't worry Tobio, trust me. Tooru doesn't stand a single chance against you." Kageyama let out another 'tsk' as he slowly grabbed his partner's waist mumbling under his breath. This only led to Haruto giggling even more.

'Quite possessive are we?'

"So, think you'll be ready for next Tuesday? With the quick attack?"

"I think so." Kageyama replied as his face finally started to cool down.

"As long as that idiot doesn't mess up anymore than he has."

"You can't blame him, I mean he's never had a full on team to practice with, so just give him some time. He'll get the hang of it!" Haruto stated optimistically as he started swinging his and Kageyama's hands.

"Oh and I forgot to mention." Haruto said with a cheeky smile as they stopped in front of his house.

"It was really nice of you checking up on Suga after practice. I'm sure he appreciated it." Haruto said.

Kageyama only smiled and he lifted Haruto's hand that he was holding and kissed it gently, making Haruto blushed.

"A–Ahem. We should really plan another date soon." Kageyama said and started to jog back down the way they came, leaving the poor boy to stand there flustered.

"YOU CAN'T JUST DO THAT OUT OF NOWHERE!" Haruto shouted to his boyfriend. He just was a faded cackle as he looked down the street. He softly smiled to himself and looked at his hand.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

"ALRIGHT LET'S TALK ABOUT POSITIONS." Daichi called out as he let the rest of the team settle onto the gym floors in a semicircle.

He pulled up a board showing all the positions. "Here's the plan I came up with."

"I'd like to have Kageyama and Hinata work as a pair. And Tsukishima's our tallest player, so along with Yachi you guys will be the middle blockers. I want to see the advantage we'd have against Seijoh with that." Daichi explained, as Tsukishima sighed a fine and Haruto only nodded in return.

Out of the corner of his eye he could see Kageyama's confused gaze.

So 'that's' what I forgot to tell him.

"Wait, hold on." Tanaka said, pointing to the board.

"Why is Hinata the only position where height is especially needed?"
Hinata nodded and tilted his head.

"Yeah, why am I playing the middle blocker position?"

Haruto looked towards the ground and yawned.

'Maybe staying up late last night watching Netflix wasn't a good idea.'

He brought his knees closer to his chest and relaxed his head on his arms. Hoping to eventually fall into slumber. But unfortunately–

"Hinata, we're calling you the greatest decoy!" Kageyama yelled out

Hinata's face lit up in excitement, until he recited the phrase and realized what he was.

"Don't be so down on the Sho!" Haruto smiled as he let out another yawn, letting himself fall onto the floor.

"You'll be a distraction while everyone gets points. And once we use you.." he turned his head towards the two and let a devilish smirk place onto his face sending chills down everyone's spine.

"They won't know what hit em."

"Ah! The look on Oikawa's face, I can already see it now!" Haruto yelled, letting out an evil laugh. Some of the team sweat dropped at the boy's childish behaviour, Hinata's eyes only seemed to shine at the thought of beating another player unexpectedly.

"I-I'll try my best Haruto-Senpai!"

Haruto chuckled and waved his hand at Hinata as he slowly started to sit up. "No need to call me Senpai, Sho! That's what Ryu and Yuu are into." he snickered and Tanaka turned around and hit his arm.

"Yuu?" Hinata questioned, his face looking like a lost puppy. Haruto shook his head and winked at him holding a finger up to his lips.

"That's a surprise tool that'll help us later."

"Just make sure to not fall apart." Kageyama grumbled, a little jealous of all the attention the orange boy was getting. Hinata's eyes went dark again. The thought of messing up his first highschool practice match and making a fool of his team terrified him.

"Dontmessupdontmessupdontmessupdontmessup."

"Ah look what you did Tobio! You broke our decoy!" Haruto said, hitting Kageyama's shins with his legs.

"Ack! Well sOrRy!"