Chapter 18: Possessive

'THIS KID....'

Haruto sighed in defeat. "Okay okay, fineeee. But when I'm tired, I'm tired." He obliged, knowing full well Hinata can go on all night .

They entered the kitchen and grabbed the ice pack from within the freezer. Hinata placed it in a clean rag and handed it to another middle blocker.

There was something in the air but Haruto could quite put his finger on it. Hinata wanted to say something desperately, but he was holding back the urge.

"So Hinata–"

"I totally support you and Kageyama, don't worry!"

The messy highlighted boy stood frozen in place. As well as the ginger. Haruto slowly traveled his hand to a ladle on the counter. He immediately whipped his hand and hit the boy's head.

"WHO TOLD YOU?!"

"SO YOU GUYS ARE DATING?!?"

"HOW DID YOU FIND OUT?!?!" Haruto hit him in the head again, trying to get answers. Hinata desperately placed his arms around his head in need of protection. Only for Haruto to now be hitting his arms.

"I SAW YOU KISS HIS CHEEK THE OTHER DAY!" he finally said.

Haruto stood frozen once again. He let out a long and frustrated sigh. He sat on top of the counter and placed his hands over his face. Hiding in both embarrassment and shame.

Hinata quietly stood up and went to his upperclassman side. "I fucked up." Haruto mumbled to himself.

"What do you mean by that?" Hinata asked, slightly confused.

"He didn't want anyone to know yet. He's not exactly ready." Haruto stated as he began to fiddle with his fingers. A habit he always had when he was nervous.

"Oh! Well I mean, have you seen the team. Azumane and Noya-san definitely have something going on." Hinata laughed, which made the other boy chuckle.

"I know, but." he looked up to the ginger, holding his weapon from before.

"You won't tell anyone right Hinata?"

The boy shook in fear, aggressively shaking his head from side to side. "Great!" The middle blocker said in delight. "Come, let's go, I need to give you those sets!"

"R–Right!"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

"HELL YEAH! Time to play Nekoma!" Haruto yelled in excitement as he quickly boarded the bus.

Tsukishima rolled his eyes, "Geez you more excited than Hinata."

"Well, unlike your lamp post, I actually have some rivalry with Nekoma's captain." The middle blocker stated proudly.

"What's with you and having connections to other teams captains." Tanaka started with a bit of annoyance as he bonked his friend's head.

"Who is it??" Noya asked interested.

"Is he like a super tall buff player that is really hard to defeat?!?"

Haruto shook his head, chuckling "He's another middle blocker, has a weird bed head. He's a huge chemistry nerd too."

"How do you even know him?" Kageyama asked, you could say there was obvious annoyance in his voice. Haruto being the idiot he is, didn't catch it.

"A couple summers back my mom had to do some business in Tokyo, so me and my sister went along with her. I went to an open gym for volleyball and he and his friend were there, so I hung out with them!"

"Lemme guess there was another captain there?" Asahi asked, chuckling. Haruto nodded proudly.

"I guess I just attract captains, that's why I'm Daichi's favorite." The messy highlighter boy jokes.

"Keep showing up late to practice and that can quickly change." Daichi said mockingly but it managed to send chills down everyone's spines.

"Oh and they have this genius setter so I'd watch out for him." Haruto said more seriously. Kageyama's eyes narrowed at the mention of the other setter. He turned toward the window and began to overthink the situation.

'He played with a complete stranger and he says he's a genius. Has he ever called me a genius setter? Was he really that good? Is he better, and Haru liked his sets better.' Kageyama's thoughts.

Haruto listened to the conversation happening in the back. It was still early in the morning so he decided he'd try and catch up on sleep.

However for him he wasn't able to succeed when he felt a tap on his shoulder coming from across the aisle.

He looked over and saw Hinata pointing towards Kageyama, he held a look like he wanted to laugh but he was still concerned.

He leaned toward Hinata and whispered "What? He's just asleep, no?" Hinata shook his head and leaned in closer.

"He looked like he was jealous when you mentioned the setter." He said, holding in a laugh.

Haruto's face slowly shifted from confusion to the realization he was a dumbass. He gave Hinata a small thank you when he turned back to his partner.

"Tobioo can you set it for me when we have warm ups?" Haruto asked in a singsong voice.

"Why do you have that genius setter set for you?" Kageyama mumbled.

Haruto slowly took his hand and leaned on his shoulder. "Why would I want him to set for me when I have Miyagi's superior setter, who's better than Oikawa." He said, hoping it would, in some way, cheer up his boyfriend.

When he received no response he looked up, with Kageyama turned toward the window, he could see his face. However he was able to see how red his ears were getting.

He smiled to himself and leaned back onto his boyfriend's shoulder.

'Dork.'

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

"KUROOOO! KENMAAA!" The middle blocker leaped from off the bus and ran over to the two Nekoma players and hugged them.

"Yachi! Good to see ya again!" The bed head boy said as he ruffled the younger's hair. "Y–Yachi-san you can let go now." Smaller boy said, struggling to breathe.

"Sorry sorry!" Haruto said, letting go of the two boys.

"Haruto–senpai you know Kenma?!" Hinata asked, completely shocked.

"Hey Shoyo." Kenma asked with a small smile on his face.

"This is the setter I was talking about." Haruto answered, "How do you know him??"

"He was the one I ran into when I got lost."

The middle blocker made an 'O' face, understating the situation. Kuroo suddenly wrapped an arm around his friend and slowly leading him away

"You have to check out these new first years we got–"

He stopped mid sentence when Haruto was grabbed by the wrist and pulled away. Kageyama glared daggers at the Nekoma captain.

"So is this the Kageyama you mentioned?" Kuroo asked, raising a brow. He looked the Karasuno setter up and down.

"He's very possessive." He laughed.