Chapter 09: Lucky Bastard

IT WAS 8:00AM. Not too early, not too late. But of course, we know Haruto is a tired boy who makes bad decisions when it comes to his sleeping schedule.

"Haruto about time!" Tanaka called as he stepped closer to the middle blocker. Haruto let out a tired groan as he rubbed his eyes.

"I'm sorry."

"Come on, let's just get on the bus." Kageyama sighed as he helped his boyfriend onto the vehicle and had him sit next to him.

"Don't tell me you stayed up late watching shows again?" He said with a slight annoyance in his voice.

Haruto chuckled nervously "Well in all honesty, watching them helped me calm my nerves down last night for the match!" Haruto tried to look fully awake until another yawn came and his whole body felt tired.

Kageyama sighed and pulled Haruto's head onto his shoulder. "It's gonna be a while till we get there. S–so might as well get some sleep." he turned his head away trying to hide his upcoming blush.

Haruto smiled softly at him and wrapped his arms around his arm as he settled down into Kageyama's shoulder.

"By the way sorry for not telling you that I'm a middle blocker now. I forgot." Haruto said as he cuddled up closely.

"Why did you change position?" Kageyama asked as he slowly let his head fall into Haruto's head. Haruto was genuinely surprised Kageyama was letting this much PDA happen. Usually he's very against them doing this.

"Ah. There were 3 other setters last year so two of us changed positions to help out the team. And I kinda stuck with middle blocker. It's fun."

Tsukishima glanced from across the aisle looking at the couple. By the way, he got so defensive the other day about the king stuff. I'm willing to bet that the king's loyal knight talked about it.'

He looked back towards his phone and changed the song. "They make it so obvious." He mumbled.

"What was that Tsuki?" Yamaguchi asked as he turned his attention away from the window.

"Oh, it's nothing." He lied, Yamaguchi only nodded at the response and turned his gaze back to the window.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

"OH GOD FINALLY! Out of that garbage smelling bus!" Haruto said as he took in a deep breath of the clean air.

"God you're so dramatic" Kageyama teased as he playfully hit the middle blockers head.

"Oh please, you should have seen your face when you saw Hinata's vomit! I ran thinking you were about to lose it too!" Haruto exclaimed as he crossed his arms.

"I'm really sorry Haruto-san, I thought I had my nerves under control." Hinata whined as he held onto his stomach.

"It's fine Sho, you should really be apologizing to Ryu. He's the one who truly suffered." Haruto chuckled but that only seemed to make Hinata more uneasy.

"R–right!"

Haruto changed his gaze towards the big school in front of him.

'Ah well it's not like I haven't been here for the first time. This time is just different, I'm actually going against Iwa and Tooru.'

"It's coming out at both ends?! Damn Hinata, you're working over time!" Haruto tried to suppress a laugh at Tanaka's comment.

"Don't be too late Sho!" Haruto yelled as he began to walk with the team to the Seijoh gym.

"Follow me! You'd get lost for sure if I wasn't here. I know this place like the back of my hand!" The messy highlighted boy stated confidently.

"Sure, I'm pretty sure you only know where the gym is at." Tanaka mumbled, but it was loud enough for his friend to hear it.

"Shut up! Do you want me to bust your kneecaps!" Suddenly they heard voices from around the corner. One of them sounded awfully familiar.

"Yeah no, Karasuno hasn't had a really big name in the past years. But they do have a manager on the team. She has a totally sexy vibe to her. They also have this member that looks like a thug. Kind of scary to be honest. But they were so lucky because Yac–" they didn't finish the sentence when they saw something.

Tanaka's smile makes the two Seijoh members flinch in confusion and fear. "Don't mock my team bro!" Tanaka said, coming out from the corner and facing the two boys, as well as a few other members.

"Or will you have your head." Tanaka glared, sticking out his chin to seem intimidating. Tsukishima waved his hand and smirked.

"Aw come on don't intimidate them like that Tanaka! Look at the poor things you're scaring them with."

"Yeah, we don't want them cowering out before the game. We should stop the bullying during the game!" Tanaka said, making Haruto chuckle at the side. The two looked at him.

"Hey!" The members flinched as they heard the captain yell.

"Shit make a run for it!" Tanaka yelled, Haruto also ran but before he could run for cover Daichi grabbed him by his jacket collar and pulled him back.

The brunette pushed the two second years head down and apologized for their behaviour.

"Hey I didn't do any–"

"Apologize." Daichi said making Haruto gulp.

"Sorry." Haruto said, making the two blushed, because they are now seeing the rumor of Aphrodite's son in Karasuno.

'He's really pretty..'

As Daichi dragged Tanaka away for continuing to make a face at the Seijoh students, Haruto turned back to them.

"Been a while. Haruto-san and of course your majesty." Kindaichi spoke. Making Kageyama stop in his tracks.

"I bet you already whipped your subject the way you want them to be huh?" Kindaichi smirked. Harurto sent him a death glare, soon stopping as he saw Kageyama turn in Kindaichi's direction.

"Yeah." was all he said with a straight face as he caught up to Haruto's distance and walked with him to the group. Where Tanaka and Suga were waiting to give him a smack.

"What the heck was that for?!?" All they did was laugh and continue to walk to the gym. Haruto turned back around to Kindaichi and stuck out his tounge.

'Still childish.' Kindaichi's thoughts as he smiled but the smile faded when he remembered that Haruto defended Kageyama.

"Tsk lucky bastard."