Chapter 3: A sudden change(3)

In Cale's study room, the three children eat some cookies that Beacrox gave them earlier. After they wake up, they head to Cale's study room because Cale often does his work here.

Bang-

All of them flinch because someone opens the door with a loud noise. They looked at the door and looked at the person who entered in disbelief. Hans, Cale's butler, sometimes came to play with the children; of course, the children didn't mind and just let him play with them.

"Kitten-nims and Raon-nim! I have bought your breakfast!"

At Hans's shout, the kitten tails waged, and Raon's wings fluttered before heading towards Hans as he placed the dishes on the table that's next to Cale's table.

"Hans! What's for breakfast today?"

Raon arrived in front of Hans and kept looking at the dishes on the table. That is also the same with the kittens who land on the table to check. Their tails kept wagging, and Raon's wings fluttered, which was cute. Hans touched his heart as he couldn't stand the cuteness of these three adorable beings.

"Ahem! Today's breakfast will be full of kitten-nim's and Raon-nim's favorite foods, of course, Young Master Cale's dish also here."

The three children had big smiles before sitting down on the chair that Hans prepared for them after placing the dishes on the table.

Creek-

The door opened again, and Cale appeared.

"Human!"

"Nya~"

The three children ran toward Cale and jumped at him; the kittens jumped at his arms, and Raon landed on his back.

Cale looked at the children before glancing at Hans, approaching them. Hans bowed at Cale before speaking.

"Did your talk with the Duke-nim go well, Young Master-nim?"

Cale passed Hans and sat on the chair at the table full of food before answering.

"It did, but..."

At his sudden pause, the four of them look at Cale in confusion. Cale puts the kittens down and places a bib on them to avoid getting messy.

"I have a work to do; His Majesty gave me another task."

The three children drop their forks and look at Cale in shock. Cale ignored them and started eating. He chewed the piece of steak that he put in his mouth before swallowing. After he swallowed the food, he then talked to Raon.

"Raon, after we eat, contact His Majesty."

"Okay, Human!"

The four of them continued their meal.

*TIME SKIP*

Raon connected the call, and Alberu appeared on the screen. Cale greeted Alberu before getting on the topic.

"I greet the brightest sun of our Roan Empire."

He slightly bowed his head when he did that. After greeting Alberu, he leaned in his chair that it looked like he was disrespecting Alberu, but Alberu didn't mind as he got used to it.

'This punk never changes. This guy might sound respectful when he greets someone, but it doesn't seem to be based on his actions towards that person he greeted respectfully. Even to me, the Emperor.'

Alberu shakes his head in disbelief before speaking. Alberu is wearing a flashy outfit that it seems that he attended or was about to attend an important meeting.