Chapter 16: Now and then(2)

Eruhaben started to frown after hearing the leader of the tribe call his name.

"Have you been well, Eruhaben-nim?"

"Ha!"

Eruhaben scoffed in disbelief and glared at him.

"Didn't expect for you to become the leader."

"I also didn't expect you to be alive until now; I thought you were already dead."

The two continued to stare at each other, not until something white flew by Cale's cheek.

It scratched him, and blood trickled down his cheeks.

All the people with him today gasped in shock because they could not react to the attack.

Alarmed, they now moved to cover Cale.

Even Eruhaben moved in front of him.

Watching this sight made the leader laugh in disbelief and sneer at them.

"Did you think that you could defeat me??"

The leader continued to laugh at them and raised his hands. It was a signal that they could launch any attacks on them.

Multiple arrows were aimed at Cale and his party, but they didn't budge.

Not moving an inch on where she is standing, she flicked her hand before Eruhaben could manage, and all the arrows coming towards them moved in different directions.

"?!"

It gave a massive shock to the foxes, but they continued to shoot.

Rosalyn, keep chanting protective spells to block all the attacks, including Raon.

Eruhaben is in front of them, parring any attacks as much as possible. He stared at the kimonoed guy with a questioning gaze.

'What is he doing?'

Eruhaben thought.

He could see that the leader only observed them when he commanded the attack.

'As if he was waiting for something.'

Eruhaben continued to par the attacks, but then something unexpected happened.

He suddenly felt an enormous power behind him and subconsciously looked behind.

He saw Cale getting bind up with something.

"HUMAN!"

Raon, who noticed it first as he was more sensitive to mana than the others, immediately launched black arrows to shoot the binds but failed.

Cale vanished from thin air, and his party and the foxes were left behind.

As for Cale, the moment he felt something tied him up, he activated his shield, but the moment he did, the shield disappeared.

'Huh?'

Unable to comprehend what happened, Cale got caught.

He swirled around to get off, but the binds were so tight that he could almost not breathe.

His sight is slowly turning blurry.

The last sight he saw was Raon shooting arrows toward him, and everything went black.

♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️

Cale slowly opened his eyes when he felt something soft; the moment it did, all he could see was white.

'?!'

Cale subconsciously jumped off, but he only bounced.

"Huh?"