Chapter 7: Now then, what is that?(1)

While Cale and Eruhaben look confused about what's happening, someone suddenly barges into the room.

"Is Cale-nim awake?!"

Choi Han slammed the door open and shouted, making Cale flinch and cover himself with a blanket that Eruhaben handed him earlier because he heard loud footsteps heading towards Cale's bedroom.

But Cale was a second late when he plopped to the ground because he also had a tail that Choi Han saw.

Choi Han's draw dropped and staggering because he didn't know what he saw just now, and Eruhaben only sighed at the corner observing Choi Han's expression.

Choi Han's mind is also complicated.

"C-Cale-nim...?"

He called Cale out, but Cale didn't even try to lift the blanket; instead, he tightly clenched the blanket.

'Sh*t'

Cale swored internally and lifted his head to look at Choi Han. Cale's eyes clouded over when he saw the expression on Choi Han's face.

Choi Han blankly stared at Cale, and he had already closed the door because he thought that Cale might remove his blanket if he did that and did.

Cale slowly lifts the blanket. He also started to stand up and head towards a chair.

He sat down in a crouch position and completely took off the blanket.

Choi Han's eyes wide opened, and he swallowed his saliva.

Cale might be frowning, but he looks like he's pouting in these gentlemen's eyes, which they found pretty cute.

"Ahem"

Eruhaben let out a fake laugh and turned away; it's also the same as Choi Han, who looked away when he met Cale's eyes.

Cale started to speak while picking up the blanket and wrapping himself again, but his face was visible this time.

"I...don't know why this happened and why I have this."

Cale is still frowning because after he woke up, he remembers the dream he had just now, and the talking fox kind of creeped him out.

Eruhaben and Choi Han both looked at him with worried and concerned expressions before looking at each other.

Eruhaben approached Cale and extended his hand

"Give me your wrist."

He wanted to know if Cale was in good condition.

Cale reaches out his wrist, and Eruhaben immediately checks on it.

"Sigh"

Eruhaben let out a sigh of relief before sitting beside Cale.

"There seems no problem in your health, but..."

Eruhaben paused for a moment before opening his mouth again.

"You... you're a quarter fox?"

Even though Eruhaben looks calm right now, his mind is chaotic as he looks at Cale with shaking eyes.

Cale's eyes were also wide open when he heard that he's a quarter fox because he had never heard of this or is mentioned in the 'Birth of the Hero.'

Cale lifted his right arm and touched the ears above his head, and then shifted it to the side of his head. He could feel no human ears and his pupils started to shake.

'Did...do I have fox blood in my body?'

Cale then calmed himself down and looked back at Eruhaben.

"Eruhaben-nim, I...don't know either..."