Chapter 10: Oh I see...(2)

Rosalyn took a deep breath and slowly opened her mouth to speak.

"You see, I encountered a member of a fox tribe. Pure blood, though."

Rosalyn stated that she met a member of the Fox tribe in disguise as a mage in the Breck Kingdom, one of her escorts.
She shared her story with him and her other escorts, but he was the closest to her; Their times together and when he kept quiet about the fact that Rosalyn had been practicing her magic in secret, their relationship as an escort and princess ended because of one event.

"He...tried to steal of the precious artifacts in the royal palace secret base and also attempted to kill one of the officials."

Rosalyn frowned. She recalled the scene where Fox caused a stir in the whole kingdom.

"It's not just that."

Rosalyn looked closely at Cale's ears and tail before glaring at them.

"He failed to steal the artifact but left something unpleasant."

Anger can be seen in her eyes. She then took a deep breath before speaking again.

"He disappeared without a trace; peace came back to us a few years later. Someone tried to infiltrate the palace."

She closed her eyes and opened them again.

"He had a child in one of our royal maids, and that child started to break things at the age of 9 years old."

Rosalyn said that the half-blood child started to break the palace windows and then the sculptures around the royal garden; of course, the king was mad, but he didn't take action because the child's mother was one of the direct, loyal royal maids of the queen. He also thought that it would be only temporary.

But not until the child does not just cause more commotion in the palace but creates a stir in the city within the kingdom.

Cale widened his eyes, and Choi Han mumbled something.

"Just like the legend..."

Everyone then glanced at him when his mumble was not silent enough. They gulped quietly before turning their gaze back at Rosalyn.
Rosalyn seemed to notice it and decided to answer the question no one was asking.

"Yes, just like in the legend."

Rosalyn continued her story about the chaos created by the half-blood child, and when the king had enough, he decided to eliminate the child even if it could cause earning the rage of the tribe.
The child was hard to capture, but when she got caught by one of the best mages of the kingdom. When she did, she was unable to escape.

She was hanged and burned. It satisfied the citizens but not the royal family.

King has told his family that they must eliminate any fox blood person they find as it could bring chaos to the world.

"He said that to me numerous times as I grew older. The incident happened when I was 12 years old."

Rosalyn ended her statement, immediately took a very deep breath, and put her hand on her heart.

Silence filled the area again. There was no noise, nothing but a chilling atmosphere.

♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️

"Ahh!!"

Everyone flinched at the sudden shout. They looked at where it came from and saw Cale scratching his head and messing his hair.
He put his legs up to his bed, and his tail started to wrap around it. His ears are also twitching.

"Since they already explained their reasons, let us start discussing our plan and what will be our action from now on since they're being a sudden change in the situation."

Cale tilts his head to the side while saying these words.

Everyone nodded their heads, which confused the Henituse family, Eruhaben and Rosalyn.

"Wait! you're not gonna ask anything else?"
Deruth, Eruhaben, Rosalyn ask at the same time.

Cale blinked in confusion and tilted his head to the other side again.
"Such as...?"

The three just went silent after hearing Cale ask a question back.

Cale smiled slightly in return and returned to discussing their new plan.

He stated that since he could not transform into a human yet, he would stay in this form, but with the dragon's magic help, the ears and tails would be invisible during their mission; naturally, Raon volunteered to be the one doing the magic since he's always around Cale.His family left his room after they heard their plan. They were leaving Cale's party and him himself in the room.

Cale is still in the same position earlier, and his ears keep twitching.

"Cale...are you uncomfortable...?"
Eruhaben asks.

Cale looked at Eruhaben and shook his head sideways.
"I'm actually very comfortable right now.'

He then smiled as if trying to reassure Eruhaben that it was fine.
Eruhaben flinched and took a few steps back.
He had a look of despair and disbelief on his face.

"I-Is that you...Cale?"
Eruhaben stuttered.

Not just him, everyone present in this room is also shocked at Cale's sudden change of behavior.
You cannot see the usual Cale; instead, an adorable creature is in front of them.

His ears keep twitching, and his tail keeps on wagging while sitting in his bed while his legs are crossed.
He really looks adorable that Choi Han is resisting himself to pat Cale on his head.

'Only his majesty...Alberu is only allowed to do it...resist...resist..."

Choi Han secretly pinches himself and holds himself hand back.

*TIME SKIP*

Alberu is currently spacing out in his office and staring at the video communication device in front of him.

The mage beside him keeps glancing at him because he's been like this since conversing with Cale.

*****

DONG-

"Flinch!"

Alberu looked at the clock and noticed that it was already night.

He got up on his chair and started to head toward his bedroom. He changed into his pajamas and lay down in his bed. He stared at the ceiling while having a thought.

'Cale...'

He recalled the conversation he had with Cale earlier.
Cale contacted him about the sudden change of plans and saw Cale's new appearance there.

Alberu was too focused on Cale's new appearance that he only listened to half of it.After their conversation, he just replied, 'Do whatever you want,' Then he ended the call himself. Since then, he blanks out.

Alberu covered himself with a blanket and mumbled something.

"...I wanna hug him so badly..."

It seems Alberu could not contain himself.

'He so cute...!!'

DISCLAIMER:

I do not own anything here, characters, places, etc. This is a fanfic I made based on the novel Trash of the Count's Family.

ENJOY READING!