Chapter 4: A sudden change(4)

"What?"

Rasheel looked at Cale in shock, and his expression was asking him, 'Why are you asking about that place?'. Cale already notices Rasheel knows about that place, so he asks more questions.

"Rasheel-nim is is true that the Fox tribe live there in the pas-"

But before Cale could continue, he got cut off by the noise of something dropping on the floor.

Clang

A cup fell on the floor, and it shattered into pieces. Cale glanced in the direction of the noise and saw Eruhaben standing in the doorway.

"Eruhaben-nim?"

'He arrived faster than I thought.'

Cale asks because he can see the shocked expression on Eruhaben's face and his shaking finger pointing at him. His mouth was also shaking, attempting to say something; Cale couldn't hear it. Eruhaben then shouted at Cale.

"You-! You unlucky bastard!"

Cale flinched because this was the first time he saw Eruhaben looking anxious and screaming at him. Cale opened his mouth to speak, but Eruhaben was faster.

"Where... where did you hear that?!"

Eruhaben was stomping while approaching Cale, which scared the hell out of him. Eruhaben looks like he is huffing and puffing on every word coming out of his mouth. But Cale wasn't shocked by the noise but more by Eruhaben's reaction, so he opened his mouth to ask.

"What's wrong Eruhaben-nim?"

Eruhaben looks at him in disbelief before calming himself down.

"Phew..."

Eruhaben sat on the chair Raon grabbed earlier when he was approaching Cale. He took another breath to calm himself down again. Cale look confuses at Eruhaben's actions.

'The always calm and composed Eruhaben-nim is acting like this? What's wrong with him?'

Cale couldn't understand why Eruhaben shouted at him and asked him a question. He started to call out to Eruhaben to ask on whats going on.

"Eruhaben-nim, what-"
But he got cut off.

"You... how did you know about the Fox tribe?"

Cale's eyes opened wide. He was also about to ask Eruhaben that when he arrived. Still, Eruhaben heard his question to Rasheel earlier when he asked if the Fox tribe had lived in Mt. Kitsune in the past but couldn't complete his question because Eruhaben had arrived.

"Fox Tribe? Do you know about them, Eruhaben-nim?"

Cale could see the scared, nervous, and anxious expression on Eruhaben's face; not just him but even Rasheel, who had been quiet ever since Eruhaben arrived, had the same expression.Cale is becoming nervous as well. Is the Fox tribe very scary? Cale doesn't know much about the Fox tribe because he only heard of them because of the rumors around the empire. He also looked it up out of curiosity, and it said that the Fox tribe existed in ancient times but was wiped out by the Lion tribe.

Eruhaben bit his lips before answering Cale. He let out a sigh and looked at Cale with a serious expression.

"Yes, I heard of them. No, it's better to say I met them"

Cale's eyes opened wide because he didn't expect Eruhaben to meet the Fox tribe.

"Didn't they exist in the ancient times? So, that would be 10,000 years ago."

Eruhaben blinked his eyes twice. The serious expression on his face earlier disappeared because of Cale's response.

"What ancient times? They still exist today. They live in Mt. Kitsune; at least you have heard of that mountain."

Cale is shocked again.

"What?"

'They exist now? Then the mission...'

Cale fixed his expression first and opened his mouth to speak.

"Eruhaben-nim, you see..."

Eruhaben looks at him in seriousness as well. Cale explained to Eruhaben why he was asking about the Fox tribe. The mission, the sudden spreading of the fog throughout the mountain, scared the people away and the Fog Cat tribe.

Eruhaben pondered and analyzed everything that Cale told him before coming up with a conclusion. He also read the paper that Basen gave to Cale earlier.

"So, Alberu concluded that maybe the Fog Cat tribe resides there because of the fog? And it says here that the fog bewitches people?"

Cale nodded at Eruhaben while eating a cookie with the kids. He heard another voice behind Eruhaben.

"Impossible. The Fox tribe lives in that place, not to mention those bastards hate sharing their territories with others."

Rasheel has an angry expression and keeps swearing at the Fox tribe.

'Just what did they do to them to be like this?'

Cale is getting nervous watching the two dragons but more scared of Eruhaben because he's quiet. Cale pulled his chair back so that they could be at a distance between him and Eruhaben.Eruhaben put his arm on the table and placed his head on top of his hands.

"Hmm... Rasheel is right. Those bastards never share their territories with others, and about the bewitching, those guys can trick people but never bewitching."

Eruhaben rose to his seat and started to channel his mana into the air, and the strand of mana from Eruhaben's hands started to form a person.

"This guy is a member of the Fox tribe."

The mana strands form something again. Now its ears and tails.

"Wow! It's fox tails and ears!! It is the same as the storybook that smart Rosalyn gave me!"

Raon exclaimed and started to fly around the mana-formed person. Eruhaben sighs at this sight before speaking again to Cale.

"This guy tried to trick me, but when he found out I'm a dragon, he started to bow and make some annoying remarks just like that crazy bastard Clopeh."

Cale felt chills running over his whole body because he imagined the scene where that fox person bowed towards Eruhaben and said some words the same way Clopeh did to Cale.It would probably be a horrifying scene.

Eruhaben frowned and continued to speak.

"This guy keeps on following me around, and I let him alone. About 800 years ago. That guy stole my stuff and never be seen again."

Cale could see the anger in Eruhaben's eyes. Eruhaben withdrew his mana and sat back down on the chair again. He then explained what the characteristics of the Fox tribe people are.

"Those fox bastards are clever and deceitful. They can also trick people by using their appearances, and they're good at stealing and deceiving people."

"Those guys are sharp as well; even me, a dragon, avoid those sh*theads."

Rasheel added. Rasheel has more of an annoyed look than anger on his face.

"But what about the fog? Can foxes create fog as well?"

Cale asks this question to Eruhaben, but the one who answers is Rasheel.

"It must be an illusion. As Eruhaben said earlier, they can trick people by using their appearances but not just that."

"Those guys specialize in illusion and stealth, and they're good at using bows."

Cale stared at Rasheel for a while before standing up.

"Human?"

"Nya~?"

The children also jumped out and followed behind Cale when he started to walk towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

The two dragons ask Cale. Cale glances at them before altogether leaving the room. He then replied to them.

"I'm going to gather everyone."

DISCLAIMER: 

I do not own anything here, characters, places, etc. This is a fanfic I made based on the novel Trash of the Count's Family.

 ENJOY READING!