Chapter 8: Now then, what is that?(2)

"Now then...let's start at the beginning."

Cale sat down on his bed and took a long deep breath before speaking. He opened his mouth, but someone spoke first before him.

"Cale"

It was Deruth.

The former Duke Henituse.

All of them look at Deruth when they hear him call Cale.

"Yes?"

Cale looked at his father with a confused look on his face.

Deruth went silent for a while before speaking.

"Nevermind, I'll tell you later."

"Explain the situation for now."

Cale looked troubled because Deruth suddenly spoke before him earlier, and now he said he would tell him later when he finished explaining what happened.

'I knew it. He knew something.'

"Okay then."

Cale started to explain from the very beginning.

The dream, the talking fox, the sudden appearance of his ears and tails, and when Eruhaben asks if he has fox blood, he explains it all to them.

The room went silent after Cale stopped talking, especially Deruth.

His face was pale white, and his hands were shaking. Cale subconsciously called out to his father.

"Father? Is there something wrong?"

At his question, his family members immediately shift their attention to him while the others are still frozen stiff, especially the children.

Deruth slowly lifts his head and looks at Cale still looks pale, but his eyes show seriousness.

Cale flinched at his dad's gaze and took a quiet gulp.

"Haah...okay, I guess it's time for you to know."

Deruth leaned back at the sofa and took a sigh. He then glances at Cale and the rest of his family members.

"You see..."

"One of our ancestors came from the fox tribe."

The shock was visible on everyone's faces, and some trembled. The atmosphere turned dim and gloomy.

Deruth slowly opened his mouth and continued to talk.

"It was said in the records that in a few years, someone in our bloodline will inherit his blood as a fox, but they only have the characteristics of the fox, not their abilities."

Deruth glances at the gold-haired elf sitting in the corner before talking again.

"I bet you know what characteristics the foxes have, right? Eruhaben-nim."

Eruhaben, sitting in the corner with Rasheel, has a look of seriousness on his face and rage in his eyes.

Everyone can tell that Eruhaben hated mentioning the 'fox,' but neither Deruth nor Cale paid attention.

Cale asks his father a question.

"Then...you mean there are some people who inherited his fix blood?"

Cale asked calmly but with nervousness in his heart.

They waited for Deruth to answer. Deruth can feel the pressure they're putting on him.

Sigh-

"Yes, your great-great-grandfather has the same appearance as you."

Cale's eyes opened wide, and what Deruth added to the statement earlier shocked him more.