7: team

Alina's POV

Today the weather was nice when I first woke up, so I decided on getting ready and going out shopping.

There isn't anything I need but one must find something to do with so much time on their hands. Being at home all day everyday gets to be dreading, so I do small outings throughout the week to keep my sanity.

If you don't have a routine for x, y, and z reasons then make one for yourself. Not every moment of each day needs to be occupied but it helps if there's an agenda. Something to do or look forward too.

Time is the real luxury out of everything in this world in my opinion. There is never enough it seems and you can't get back the time that's already passed.

"No rush but there is a meeting at 2pm you have to make and we haven't had lunch yet." Mala steps forward to where I can see her standing behind me in the mirror.

"Mal you can go eat lunch. J is here so things will be okay." I look over to Jaime hoping he'll agree even though I didn't run it by him.

They exchange a look before Mala smirks in a way that makes the diamond on her gold grilled tooth glimmer. Jaime goes back to looking at whatever was on the tablet screen in his hands.

"Not that I think Jaime is incompetent, but if anything did happen Alina, and especially to you I'd never live it down with D." She murmurs.

I look at the dress in the mirror and decide finally against getting it. I step down from the platform to change back into my outing clothes so we can leave. Now that Mal has brought it up I could definitely go for some lunch.

Especially before that dreaded meeting I have soon. Thankfully Derrick will head there before me so I pretty much just walk in to closing the deal. Or something like that is what he mentioned we're doing today.

"I wasn't going to say anything but I'm glad you decided with the white one. Blue wasn't the vibe." Mala mutters as we're exiting the store making me laugh out loud looking back to her.

"One of these days I'm going to require for you to accompany me in a dress. Your style is too good to just have slacks on all the time." I look into her eyes pointedly as Jaime opens the door of the SUV for me.

Mala grabs my shopping bags from me and steps on the other side of the car door so I'm able to step in. I practically hop into the backseat reaching for the bottle of champagne and a glass I left in here earlier.

I serve myself while everyone else gets situated into the car. Jaime glances at me through the rear view mirror but looks to Mala almost right away.

They don't have to speak aloud for me to wonder what they're communicating about. Probably deciding how many glasses I can have before cutting me off. Although I can probably sneak a few more drinks in with lunch.

Before I can even let myself feel irritated with their silent exchange I pour myself a glass handing the bottle to Mala. She doesn't say anything but does offer a blank expression. Jaime drives us away from the shopping stores towards the restaurants section of shopping plaza.

"What are you in the mood for today Alina? I think I saw a mediterranean place by the French place that's new." Jaime mentions after a few seconds of silence and me downing a glass.

"Another day for sure but I think
today I could go for sushi and kimchi rice with some miso soup." I detailed what came to mind.

Jaime nods as he drives us off the lot and onto the freeway.

"Fill this up please and hand me my phone Mal?" I ask holding out the glass to her receiving the phone with my other hand right away.

I disconnect the Bluetooth right away so that I'm able to have more privacy. Jaime and Mala keep their eyes forward but I know they'll be listening intently to every word I say.