05. Backstories

"Do you kids always have fights like this?" Tony asked as he sat down with a cup of coffee.

Dick wondered if he should tell them everything. He let out a deep sigh.

"Y'know, before Bruce took us in, we were all leading difficult lives or had went through some sort of tragedy. And that just don't go away because you get a better new life."

"What kind of tragedy?"

When Tony asked that, even Thor shot him a glare. But however, Tony only needed answers. He didn't think he did anything wrong. He shrugged at his teammates.

All eyes turned to Dick and he visibly went pale.

"You don't really have to tell us, chum" Steve said with concern.

Dick shook his head. "No, it's fine" He smiled. A sad smile.

"My parents and I were part of a moving circus. We were the 'Flying Graysons'" Dick smiled a little.

"And then one day, one Tony Zucco messed with the ropes and my parents fell to their deaths." Dick let out a shaky breath and Nat put a hand on his shoulder. She looked at him with concern and he smiled.

"Bruce was there that day. After a few days, he took me in." Everyone nodded.

"Then there was Jason. A boy who lived in the streets. His father disappeared and his mother died of an overdoze. He was caught stealing the wheels of the Batmobile and B was impressed." Dick chuckled lightly.

"What's a Batmobile?" Banner asked confused.

"The mobile of Batman. If you don't remember, Bruce Wayne is Batman" Dick was so sure that his "dad" was gonna kill him for just telling all these to some strangers.

Several "oh"s were heard.

Dick decided to leave out the whole dying-thing about Jason. It wasn't his place to tell them.

"And Timmy, he was a literal brainiac. He figured out who Batman and Robin was when he was just nine. Later, his parents were dead, too. And B adopted him. And before you ask me who Robin is, that's the protege of Batman. We were all Robin once, Damian is the current Robin"

The Avengers were starting to believe the whole dimension-jumping thing by now.

"And Damian, His mom was a difficult woman, his grandfather an eco-terrorist. He is actually B's only blood son. Bruce didn't know of his existence until 2 years ago. He's been raising him since he was 10. Damian too had a shitty life before he came to Gotham"

"Well... How old is the kid now?" Tony was so sure that the kid looked no more than 10.

"Twelve. And yeah, he is short for his age. Don't let him hear that, though"

"Y'know, Bruce himself had a difficult childhood. His parents were shot to death right infront of him."

Natasha felt a strange mix of sadness and anger. Sadness for the tragedies all of the kids and their mentor had to face. But she couldn't believe someone could just let a twelve year old run in costumes, fighting crime. And from the little information Dick gave them, she could make out the kind of city Gotham was- Dangerous.

"Your mentor let kids fight crime?" Natasha voiced her thoughts, showing her anger in her voice.

"Yeah. Not a big deal. We can take care of ourselves. Also, we have a number of teen heroes in our world. The Teen Titans and The Young Justice team, who are proteges of the original Justice Leaguers." Dick shrugged.

This not only increased Natasha's resendment towards "Batman", but all of their world's heroes. Just as when Natasha was about to say something else, the elevator dinged open.

A teenage boy stood there with a backpack slung on his shoulder. He seemed a little confused to see the new-face, which was Dick Grayson.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Well, here we go.

Vote and comment if you like it.

                                                     ~♥️

-------------------------------------------------------------------------