11. Real Help Arrives

"Bruce, are you sure this is gonna work?" Clark asked for the umpteenth time as Bruce worked on a similar version of the teleporting machine that made his kids disappear. After a detailed examination of the machine, Bruce had found out that the machine was only capable of opening a one-way portal. So he decided to build something similar, something that was sure to bring them back home.

"Clark, if you're gonna keep asking me that, you are free to stay back. No one is asking you to tag along" Bruce said with an annoyed scowl.

"No no... I was just asking, you know" Clark was confident that Bruce knew what he was doing. But he would be lying if he said he didn't have his doubts.

Clark was honestly scared if something goes wrong and they would land on some place where there are plenty of kryptonite or somewhere there is an evil Batman. God, the idea of an evil Batman really spooked him out.  Like, A Batman who laughs like the Joker?

Clark suddenly pushed the thought away.

He wasn't gonna let Bruce do this alone, anyway. Clark was the only one who could persuade Bruce to take with him as he was such a stubborn little bat. Well, big bat.

"Then shut up and follow" Bruce said and stood up.

"Y-you're done?" Clark couldn't believe they were leaving already. He had packed everything and all, yes. But he didn't really think Bruce would get everything ready this fast.

"Come back home with the young masters soon, Master Wayne, Master Kent" Alfred said as Bruce picked up his duffel bag.

Bruce gave him a curt nod and Clark waved at the man.

Bruce pressed a button on the machine and and a blinding white light embraced them. Before they knew, they were falling into an abyss.

•••

Thirty minutes of falling and Clark fell on his back on some.... Alleyway? He heard a groan and saw Bruce struggling to get on his feet to his left. Clark, being Superman and all, suddenly recovered from the fall and helped Bruce up. Bruce gave him a nod, indicating he was okay.

No 'thank you's ,ouch.

"You still got the device?" Clark asked as he took in his surroundings.

"Yeah"

"Okayy... Any idea where your kids are?"

" I have trackers on all of them. Should be able to locate them. Or see if we are in the right place"

"Wait, you have trackers installed in your... Kids?!" Clark blinked.

Bruce replied with a grunt.

He is the Batman. Of course, he has trackers on everyone he knew.

Clark shook his head and slightly jumped when Bruce let out a chuckle.

That was so unlikely of Bruce. Gosh, it was a miracle to see him even smile under normal circumstances.

"I found them" Bruce stated and Clark saw his eyes flicker as his own heart filled with a warm feeling.