07. At your worst

Jason opened his eyes. Darkness. He tried to move, but his hands and legs hit something. His movements were limited, as if he was trapped in a ..... Box?
"Bruce?"
His voice echoed. He could hear the sound of his raising heartbeat.
He started kicking and punching.
"Bruce? Bruce!"
He began to feel suffocated.
He tried to remember.

His mother. The Joker. NO.
He frantically began to claw at the wood in front of him. No use.
He reached for the buckle of his belt. Broke it free from the leather.
He started hitting the wood with it, flying splinters around.

Once the wood was gone, he started clawing the mud away. It was hard. He was running out of air. He was sweating. Blood dripped from the tip of his fingers, flowing down his hands.

"Bruce!"He screamed as he pushed his hands out to the world from 6 feet under. Air rushed in making him gasp. He screamed out with all the might he had hoping someone would hear him. But noone did.

Then he heard faint voices.
"--ason. Jason!" He listened. The voices became louder and more clear. "Jason! Jay, wake up!"

Jason jolted awake. He was sweating so badly and was panting. He looked around the room with wide eyes. Lots of people.

"Hey Jay, it's okay" Dick said as he wrapped his arms around him.

•••

Even Damian looked so worried. Jason was having a nightmare. He kicked Tim causing him to go flying across the room. Tony helped the boy up.

Dick tried to wake Jason up. But Jason had his eyes shut tight and was screaming his mentor's name.

Damian stood there. A wave of guilt washed over him. He shouldn't have said those things. His brother was reliving the worst days of his life now. Dammit.

•••

Jason calmed down after a few minutes and he looked up to see a lot of concerned faces. The Avengers stood there, looking at him like he was some lost puppy. He saw a new face. A teenager who looked as pale as the rest of them. Tim stood on the other side of the room clutching his stomach. He saw Damian and his eyes twitched.

That little brat.

"Get out" he mumbled, looking down at his laps.

"Hey, Jay it's okay--"

"Get out!" Jason shouted, his eyes staring mostly at Damian.

Once everyone left, Jason started punching the bed so hard. "Dammit dammit dammit" He screamed into the pillow.

•••

Everyone sat at the living room in silence. "Sorry you had to see that" Dick muttered.

"Nah, we've had our share of nightmares as well. But he didn't have to shut us out like that though" Tony shrugged.

Dick sighed. "Timmy, you took hell of a kick there. You good?"

"I've had worse, Dick. Not a big deal. But I'd really use a cup of coffee now" Tim looked expectantly at the elders. Steve gave him a curt nod and walked into the kitchen.

"You sure take a lot of caffeine for a teenager" Banner said.

"Coffee is his lifeline. He'd be long dead if it wasn't for coffee" Dick said trying to lighten up the atmosphere. Everyone chuckled as Tim rolled his eyes.

Dick noticed Damian being unusually quiet and when he looked at his brother, the boy had his head hung low and was glaring daggers at the floor.

"Dami, what's wrong?" Dick asked patting the little boy's head.

"Nothing" Came a quiet reply, head still hung low. "Excuse me" with that,the boy ran off to his room.

Dick and Tim exchanged glances and had some bat-talk with their eyes. Then they both looked away, sighing.

"Maybe, I should start working on something to help us get back home" Tim said as he got up. Steve walked in with his coffee and handed it to him. Tim mumbled a thanks before drinking the whole coffee in one gulp.

Everyone stared at the boy.

"Um... Maybe I can help" Banner said.

"Yeah. Bruce is a scientist" Both the boys' eyes lit up at the name mentioned by Tony.

"Man, your name makes me homesick. I'll just call you Banner." Dick said and shook his head.

"I wonder if Bruce had found a way to get us back by now. Y'know, he is our world's greatest detective" Tim said, pride dripping off of his words.

"I'll help too. Um... If you don't mind" Peter said and smiled nervously.

"Okay"

The 3 geniuses walked to the lab.

______________________________________________

A/N

Sorry if this chapter sucked.
I didn't know what to write.
So I ended up with... THIS.
I'll make it better next time.

Arrivederci!
(That's how it's spelled, right?)

~♥️

_______________________________________________